Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festy computer

wheres that thing at? its an 89 carbo
    it'll do the 1/8 in 13.7, spin tires, and make all my drunk buddies giggle.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

behind the dash mounted to the firewall

Comment

I wouldn't imagine it wouldn't be any different from my 92 and it was under the dash, right by the steering wheel. Some people will say that you'd have to remove the whole dash, and some will say it's possible to get it out with the dash in. I removed my stock ecu and put the b8 ecu in without removing the dash. Hope this helps.

beat me to it^^

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
        behind the dash mounted to the firewall
        On the driverside to be specific.
        '90 LX

Comment

oopsie.. that would help sorry!

Comment

thanks guys, this is the next to last idea before i give up.

"I like a Festiva because there's less car to get in the way of the driving experience"

Comment

whats wrong with yours i might have my ecu out by this weekend since i'm putting the fuel injected motor in
              FORD BUILT TOUGH SINCE 1987-1993 FORD FESTIVA LX

Comment

it starts up fine and just plain cuts off like the ignition switch flipped. sometimes while warming up or while driving. after it gets hot, theres no chance of it cutting off. if you park it before it gets warm, you better have an hour to kill. im thinking it's the choke electronics. im gonna swap it with my 5spd parts car's ecu and if that dont work, the whole carb's going. after that, ill buy 25ft of rope and find a tree branch.

Comment

pull off the filter housing, plug the 2 big A.I.R. hoses and then inspect your choke linkage as someone starts the car, also make sure your choke is connected to the alt via the single red wire that feeds through the intake.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                  X