It really is an addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really is an addiction

Idk what it is about this website and the people that r on it but I have just purchased my new stiva let's just say she is the mintest thing I have ever seen garage kept an everything she just needs a shine!! Thanks everyone y'all r great!!
    92 festiva blue 164k "stiva" mercury Capri non turbo-- bolt on svo mustang turbo
    91 festiva red 84k no name-- any ideas?! Bone stock
    2005 tt-r 230 yamaha straight pipe

Price of a festiva with turbo 2k
    price of a BMW m3 65k
    seeing the look of the kid when I blew by priceless

"If this thing had wings it would fly"

The madness grips another one.

Congrats on your new (to you) Festy.

Your life will never be the same.
    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Yep, it is. I purposely drove stupidly slowly today so a Festiva a few cars back could catch up and pass me, just so I could get a better look at it. Guy refused to go around. Eventually gave up, and resumed normal cruising speed. Which he did also. Stopped at the gas station at the end of my road, and he pulls in behind me. Old guy. Really old. Gets out, walks up to my Stiva and says, "Geez, didn't think you were ever going to stop." Ended up standing out in the parking lot, sweating our butts off, talking stivas and poking around under hoods for about an hour. He said his car, which is so minty fresh it's crazy btw, clunked when he switched gears, but he didn't think it was the tranny. Said he was worried because the car just rolled over 50K miles. :shock: A little bit of under the car inspection, and I found that his LCAs are shot. There really aren't any sway bar bushings at all. Told him where I got mine, how much they were, and how much I would expect to pay a shop to do them for him. Gave him my number, said if they were a lot more, to give me a call and I'd come give him a hand. Who knows what I've gotten myself into.

Back to the original topic, the addiction is real, permanent, and incurable. Your new Festiva will be but the first of many.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
        Yep, it is. I purposely drove stupidly slowly today so a Festiva a few cars back could catch up and pass me, just so I could get a better look at it. Guy refused to go around. Eventually gave up, and resumed normal cruising speed. Which he did also. Stopped at the gas station at the end of my road, and he pulls in behind me. Old guy. Really old. Gets out, walks up to my Stiva and says, "Geez, didn't think you were ever going to stop." Ended up standing out in the parking lot, sweating our butts off, talking stivas and poking around under hoods for about an hour. He said his car, which is so minty fresh it's crazy btw, clunked when he switched gears, but he didn't think it was the tranny. Said he was worried because the car just rolled over 50K miles. :shock: A little bit of under the car inspection, and I found that his LCAs are shot. There really aren't any sway bar bushings at all. Told him where I got mine, how much they were, and how much I would expect to pay a shop to do them for him. Gave him my number, said if they were a lot more, to give me a call and I'd come give him a hand. Who knows what I've gotten myself into.

Back to the original topic, the addiction is real, permanent, and incurable. Your new Festiva will be but the first of many.
        The LCA's are shot or just the bushings? 50.000 miles is nothing for the LCA itself but I could see the rubber dry rotting. The bushings are available pretty easy....half hour replacement....with no rust that is.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

It is tho my first one has the b6a with a turbo and this new one is completly stock thinking about a protege motor?! I love the addiction I'm only 19 so it keeps mr out of trouble
          92 festiva blue 164k "stiva" mercury Capri non turbo-- bolt on svo mustang turbo

price of a BMW m3 65k

Comment

You should just sell the old one to me and then use the money to build the new one!!!
            91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Out here when there is a guy selling one, a trip to his house reveals some more festivas in waiting. He's either flipping cars or hes selling the prettiest one to build the other 2 he has out back. Now the members on here are more extreme, look at the signatures. Some have 3 or more cars listed...the ones with RIP's and SOLD's have 5...
              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                The LCA's are shot or just the bushings? 50.000 miles is nothing for the LCA itself but I could see the rubber dry rotting. The bushings are available pretty easy....half hour replacement....with no rust that is.
                Bushings and LCAs are bad. Specifically, the ball joints themselves, the rubber is all split up. I wouldn't trust driving on them. And yeah, barring some stupid caged nut problem, doing the LCAs/bushings is pretty easy. I just don't see this guy crawling around under his car doing them. Plus, I would then get to test drive the car when they are done. :mrgreen:

BTW, his comment about the mileage was because he was concerned that 50K was a lot of mileage for one of those cars. A quick look at my odo (273,545 miles) put his mind at ease. Especially when I told him I've put just over 20K miles on my other one in the last year. :shock:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Congrats on the purchase. And even I returned after 5 years without one. They are a hard little habit to let go of. Enjoy the new ride and since your in Quakertown I may see you around on some of my visits up that way. You have a few Festy people lurking around you up that way.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Yea it always outs a smile on my face when ever I see a fellow stiva Rollin around!
                    The best part is u could be having the worst day ever and one look at it and here here turn over and rumble is the best feeling!Welcome back kartracer I believe u just won fotm congrats! Yea I'm starting my collection a 91 and a 92!! Good times

price of a BMW m3 65k

Comment

Working...
                    X