Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be beaten for this... but

I'm seriously thinking about buying this car:

Make a GLH out of it. Easily turbo'ed and parts are easily swapped from other models, sorta like the festiva only easier. If it's posted one more time I'm talking the better half into. With a better paint job and wheels maybe she'll give me my festiva back and drive it.. probably not.
    91 rusty Festiva 260k

Re: I may be beaten for this... but

Originally posted by ericsmith32
    I'm seriously thinking about buying this car:

Make a GLH out of it. Easily turbo'ed and parts are easily swapped from other models, sorta like the festiva only easier. If it's posted one more time I'm talking the better half into. With a better paint job and wheels maybe she'll give me my festiva back and drive it.. probably not.

Cool!

My neighbour had one of those.

I'd go for it if the price is right.
    White '89L auto - Sold!
    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

I want to do the same thing with one of those. A friend of mine was selling one for 400 and never told me until it was gone. If I were you I would hold off till you find a F/I 5 speed car
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I'm anti chrysler but they do have some good potential in there cars.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
        BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
        BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
        New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

Yeah I normally don't care to much for chrysler.. mostly the way they drive. From what i've read you can turbo pretty much everything that has the 2.2 and 2.5. If eventually we need a minivan I already know what i'm going after.. nothing like embarrasing the kids doing doughnuts/burnouts in the school parking lot .
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

a kid at my school is selling one with 30,000 miles on it for 500 bucks its been sitting for a while but the body is perfect ive been thinking of getting it
            1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
            2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

Comment

Originally posted by mattswabb
              http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

HAHA! The "Anti-Chrysler"! I knew there was a reason I call them "devil Dodge"! The only satan -worshipping auto manufacturer in the world....

think about it.. what's Chrysler's corporate symbol? a pentagram.
              what's Dodge truck's symbol? a ram's head. a ram is a relative of the goat. so they have a pentagram with a goat's head for a corporate identity.... tell me they're not satanic!
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Looks nice.

Back in 1984 I heard about the intro of the Shelby 110 hp 2.2 to the Omni and I went to every Chrysler dealer in my county to get one with only three options:

-heavy duty suspension
                -5 speed
                -the Shelby engine

No one would do it. I had to buy "the package." Which included the oh-so-important chrome exhaust tips.

I wanted "the good stuff" right away. The 110 hp engine instead of the ~83 hp stock engine. I'd add the other stuff later: wheels, better brakes, etc.

I bought a used '81 Civic DX instead.

This experience, and a couple others like it, totally soured me on the auto industry. I doubt I'll ever buy a new car.

FYI, the last year for Omnis (and Horizons, I think) was 1990. They even came with air bags. Once in awhile I see one for sale. I have some hours in these cars, since my old driver's ed place used them. I didn't like the distance the turn signal lever was from the heavily dished wheel. It was dished that way to absorb impact as part of the driver protection system.

I have an '89 Dodge Aries I wanted to put a Mitsu 3.0 V-6 in. It's been sitting for two years now. I think I'll sell it.

If you want something done, do it yourself. That's another thing I've learned.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                  Originally posted by mattswabb
                  http://www.thedodgegarage.com/

HAHA! The "Anti-Chrysler"! I knew there was a reason I call them "devil Dodge"! The only satan -worshipping auto manufacturer in the world....

think about it.. what's Chrysler's corporate symbol? a pentagram.
                  what's Dodge truck's symbol? a ram's head. a ram is a relative of the goat. so they have a pentagram with a goat's head for a corporate identity.... tell me they're not satanic!

You almost know to much about this"Pegan Worshiper". I have my eye on you!

Comment

It may have a Volkswagen engine, many of them did. Most likely it's the 2.0 SOHC.... A VERY good engine. How many miles on it? Of the 6 vehicles in my stable, 4 are Dodges.....

2-Stratus' (both 2.4 DOHC)
                    1-Neon (2.0 DOHC)
                    1-Dakota (3.9 V-6)
                    1-Triumph (2.0 OHV)
                    And my good-old Festiva (1.3 SOHC)

Don

Comment

Don, I think by 1989 they were just using the 2.2 (common block with the 2.5) in Omnirizons.

VW 1.7s were used in the earlier ones, with 1986 (IIRC) being the (only?) year they used the 1.6 Peugeot engine.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

You know Chrysler was kind of smart.....years ago they had their missile plant in Sterling Heights Mich, (near Detroit). When they were going broke, they sold it to Volkswagon, who planned on building Rabbit's there. Volkswagon rebuilt the facory, spend millions of bucks on the place, then Volkswagon fell on hard times. They never opened the facory, and in the mean time, Chrysler came back. They bought their old rebuilt factory back from Volkswagon for pennies on the dollar, and thats where the Cirrus/Stratus lines are built......

Don

Comment

Thats awsome..A friend of mines shadow is in my driveway right now :lol: Its an 89 that had the 2.5 T1 in it(non-intercooled) and was swapped out for the 2.2 T2(intercooled,garret turbo) mated with a 3 speed trans. Drivetrains out of an 88 daytona shelby z. These are fun cars. Check out www.turbododge.com and www.allpar.com They both have some good info. The guy he bought it off was telling us about his 10 second GLH he had, theyre cool cars and pretty easy to get hp out of

Comment

He lowered the price down to 450 but the old lady said no way. But she's going to let me build a mini-garage or a storage building and eventually she wants me to get a air compressor and spray painter setup to repaint the cars. Win some lose some (mostly)...
                            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

Working...
                            X