Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a rear windshield for my Festiva...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a rear windshield for my Festiva...

I went to simply scrap a decal off of the rear windshield of my 1990 Festiva hatchback. I got it all off and wiped it clean. I went to scrap off one little bit that was left there - I barely touched it and the whole rear window cracked into little tiny pieces that are barely hanging on.

Should I get somebody to put in a new rear glass or is this something that I can do myself? Anyone have a hatchback laying around or just the glass? I'm in Oklahoma. The glass that broke had a defroster within it. I'll bet ya that the back glass probably cost as much as a windshield?

Prolly cheaper to get one from the junkyard with complete hatch.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

If you were closer, I have a defrost rear window with wiper setup you could have for $50.
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Wow, that would be a great price. Your in Lafayette, Indiana? That's around 750 miles from me - man, that's just too far. Hey, I really appreciate the offer though - I would take it in a flash if it wasn't for the miles. Thanks again!

Comment

Put up a WTB thread in the for sale section
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

This guy has a lexan Hatch window for $40 and says he will ship (I don't know how much it would be though)

It's at the bottom of the first page
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
            The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Hey Charlie, thanks for letting me know about lexan Hatch window. I emailed the guy and told him I am interested. Man, this forum has really helped me out, I should have been getting on here continually a long time ago. Thanks again!

Comment

I was wondering, now that I've responded to the above person's ad, what is a Lexan window? I guess it's not really glass but some kind of plastic? When I looked through the guys ad for the lexan window, he mentions that you can 'trim to fit' - how would I do that...with a file or something? My last question, would I be able to see through this 'Lexan' window just as good as a glass one?

Comment

Well to be honest I don't know much about Lexan windows but after a little bit of reading it doesn't seem like a logical answer to your problem. They are meant to be for track cars to be much lighter than normal. From what I've read they don't last very long. Also apparently they are illegal haha soo yeah sorry my advice is probably not the best bet :p
                  Good luck!

Edit: Oh and you may want to post a thread on the For sale/wanted section there could be someone near you who can help. Make sure you read the rules first that's all we ask
                  Last edited by Charlie1717; 06-05-2010, 10:41 PM.
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                  X