Need new daily driver advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
    Shouldn't insurance cover the impound lot & towing fees? It is a theft recovery and has saved them $4K in a claims pay-out. I would put pressure on your agent (unless you left your keys in it to start with).
    Yeah, they should cover it...it just ticks me off! Actually just got off the phone with the detective and gave him an earful. An eye witness said it was 4 hispanic males that parked it, jacked it up and took the wheels. Wonder how much money insurance will give me for new wheels?
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Ok, that all just sucks. I know what it feels like to have a car stolen.
      I had a 2002 Cavalier stolen. I didnt have full coverage, just liablity as I was out of a job at the time. Whoever stole it, drove it 1 1/2 blocks and rammed it into a house! Totaled. I still owed $5000 on it. I've got 2 more payments and it will finally be paid off.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
        I had a 2002 Cavalier stolen. I didnt have full coverage, just liablity as I was out of a job at the time. Whoever stole it, drove it 1 1/2 blocks and rammed it into a house! Totaled. I still owed $5000 on it. I've got 2 more payments and it will finally be paid off.
        ouch that sucks.
        05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

I am a big believer in kill switches, Not the kind you can go buy or have someone install, but the design-it and install-it yourself kind. Thieves won't find it if hidden properly. Someone tried to steal the DeathEgg back in '06, but they couldn't start it.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
            That does suck. I didn't have full coverage when they stole my last car. Had to pay $600 towing/storage fee, and had to buy new wheels and tires for the car so I could get it
            Originally posted by deathegg View Post
            I am a big believer in kill switches, Not the kind you can go buy or have someone install, but the design-it and install-it yourself kind. Thieves won't find it if hidden properly. Someone tried to steal the DeathEgg back in '06, but they couldn't start it.
            I definitely need to do this. For a while I had been taking my ecu out of the car at night
            "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
              could you pm me with more information? this i would be interested in doing. please

Comment

The car is now in possession of the insurance company. Will hopefully hear something from them by mid week. I'm guessing they are gonna fix the damage and replace the wheels, etc. I pretty much have my heart set on a miata now so I'll probaby sell the civic when I get it back

Comment

wow that is really messed up. ya the kill switch is fairly straight forward, just wire in a switch to the main relay or something and hide it under the carpet by the heater core, under your seat, or anything like that works. if you put in on the main relay like that stuff like the fuel pump wont work too if its off so thats a plus.
                  1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                  1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                  1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                  1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by pwgus View Post
                    wow that is really messed up. ya the kill switch is fairly straight forward, just wire in a switch to the main relay or something and hide it under the carpet by the heater core, under your seat, or anything like that works. if you put in on the main relay like that stuff like the fuel pump wont work too if its off so thats a plus.
                    I'll definitely be putting a kill switch on whatever car I have next

Comment

I'm working today, but tomorrow I'll go and see if I can take some pics of how I hooked up my kill switch, and I may also decide to show everyone where I hid the switch in the car. (Or maybe I wont..BU-WA-HA-HA-HA-HA!)
                      If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                      Mark S.

Comment

Try this:

Oscar

Comment

Got the call from insurance and they've deemed it a total loss! They estimated it to cost $4518.70 to fix and they're offering me $4488.71 after taking out my deductible, so I'm taking the money and running! Found a 99 miata fairly close to me in great condition and got them down to $4300 so I think I'll jump on that..
                          It's a 99, white, 5spd, black interior, 123k, just got new rotors, brakes, alt., fuel pump, catalytic convertor. Timing belt and water pump replaced at 90K. Also has header/intake/exhaust, comes with 14" factory wheels and tires and a set of 15" aftermarket wheels. It was owned originally by a 75yr old man until 2006 when the current owner (57yr old woman) bought it. What do you guys think? Good deal?

Comment

I think both sets of wheels will fit my festiva!
                            Where exactly do you live?
                            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                            Your holy ghost will not save you.
                            Your God plutonium will not save you.
                            In fact...
                            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                              I think both sets of wheels will fit my festiva!
                              Where exactly do you live?
                              Haha, I think you said something similar when I found my festy for sale! I better watch out for you!

Comment

Going to check the Miata out in Raleigh/Zebulon in the morning...hopefully it's good to go and I get a new DD!

Comment

Working...
                                X