My morning at the 'yard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My morning at the 'yard...

I went to the local Pick & Pull for an Aspire rear axle assembly.

Not a single Aspire!

But, as we all know, "a bad day at the 'yard often beats a good day at work!"

So it is, and so may it always be!

I DID find a yellow '90LX with a gray interior...

First time I've ever seen a cargo cover OR a split rear seat!

Yep, I got them! FOUR DOLLARS for the cover and $20 for the seat! No, they ain't in pristine condition. The cover needs some rehab and the seat needs a good cleaning.

The front seats with the "skeletal" hard vinyl headrests were there. Weird burns in the seats and tears on the headrests kept me from wanting them.

And guess what? I forgot to look under the right front seat!!!!

(No way--no way--NO WAY!--would the tray still be there. How the hell did I forget to look? WHY DIDN'T I LOOK? I wonder if it has the brackets...)

It also had a tach cluster--with 260K miles on it! I left that jewel in place, since I'm going to be picky about pulling one.

I snagged the power mirrors and switch (~ $35). I snagged the rear cargo light and corresponding hatch latch ($6). I got the dimmer switch since it was right next door to the PM switch ($4).

From other cars, I got a nice vinyl 5 speed shift knob from a Protege (99 cents) and an air tube from a (first I've seen) 4 cyl. MX-3 ($3).

I think I made out. I think I may go back tomorrow. Since I feel for you all, there's a set of immaculate looking smoothie tails on an '89. Plus that tach cluster!

If no one else gets 'em, I just might!

Damn, NO ASPIRES!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

WHERE WERE MY MANNERS?

If anyone who is having some trouble finding some smallish, easily shipped parts has a REASONABLE want or two, post here and I'll do my best. List the max price you would pay, since some items may not be as cheap as we'd like. (I'll include a copy of the receipt in case you wonder about my lengthy prison recor--I mean, honesty.)

Headlights, taillights (I have dibs on those smoothies), sidelights, that tach cluster (remember it has 240 or 260K miles on it), other little parts, etc. There were three or four other Festies there with some decent stuff. Two were carbed.

For some reason some idiot busted up the column on that '90LX and also broke the turn signal/intermittant wiper module, so don't bother asking for it.

If it's small and I can remove it in about ten minutes or less it's game.

Price plus shipping. First three posters. Deadline 8am tomorrow.

Anyone after the first three I'll think about it.

Mods, if this is inappropriate, just delete it, no problem. I'm just willing to do a few small favors as I enjoy more 'yard time.

I'm gonna snag them front seats if I can make a deal on them. Later reupholstering...if they's cheep enuff.

YOU BET I'LL LOOK UNDER THAT DAMN SEAT!

Karl

Comment

Any turbo capris? I need the intermedaite passenger side shaft.

matt

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
      BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
      BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
      New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

there's one thing I could use....

the little plastic cover on the park brake console.. the one that covers the adjustment nut. its about and inch square.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71

the little plastic cover on the park brake console.. the one that covers the adjustment nut. its about and inch square.
          You might want to clarify the year you have... The 88-89 ones where it has the manual seatbelts where they mounted behind the ebrake console is different than the one where the belts are "integrated" into the console... I believe the piece you're actually looking for is thinner on the newer models.

Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I need the trim piece cover thing that goes over the passenger side power mirrror and am still looking for a blue passenger fender from an 88 or 89, preferably w/ white racing stripe.

Regards,

Tim
            White '89L auto - Sold!
            Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonTuffGuy
              Originally posted by FB71

You might want to clarify the year you have... The 88-89 ones where it has the manual seatbelts where they mounted behind the ebrake console is different than the one where the belts are "integrated" into the console... I believe the piece you're actually looking for is thinner on the newer models.

good point! I forgot all about those 'other' Festivas with the guillotine seat belts! Mine's an 88-89, Karl.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Matt, I didn't see any Capris but I'll look again, plus I'll probably be visiting another yard to look for Aspires. XR2s would be even more rare. If I see one I'll try to get it.

Jim, any particular color? I know exactly what it is. I'll try to get one in each color. I think there's a tan '89 there. Don't recall any gray.

Tim, I'll look for the cover for a power mirror. You're talking about the black interior triangle, right? (I may already have a spare 'cause I took an unhooked-up PM off an L model a while back.) I didn't see any blue Festivas. I'd notice one since that's my favorite color.

Talking about rare: P & P didn't have a single 323 of any year, either. I really lucked out on that 4 cyl. MX-3. Meanwhile Proteges pollute the lot. Not that I'm complaining--I got my TB and that nice shift knob off them!

Anyone else? I'll consider one or two more requests to make a list of.

Karl

Comment

gray would be nice, but I'll take what I can get. No rush, I can get it from you during the fling.
                  Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Well karl, you know what I need ,can you do me a flav-o flav is it feasible ,price, the is none to be found in any j- yard around here ,it's a 90L 5 spd if it matters.
                    ------------------------------------------------
                    The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                    Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                    HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                    Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                    Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                    Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                    Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                    90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                    It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Packrat, what do you need again? I got car parts on the brain so I forgot what it is you needed?

I'll be getting around to other 'yards in the days ahead, provided good enough weather.

Matt, no Capris sighted. Jim, I got you a tan little cover part. Tim, just confirm it's the triangle inner panel you need and PM me your address again. I have one already I really don't need.

This morning my Dad and I finished pulling a '94 Aspire rear axle. Thirty bucks.

Karl

Comment

sweet! thanks Karl!
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

E- Brake cable,cable's, from the handle to the drums and the cable brackets ,clips,equalizer,anything else attached that you think that would help the install,, Thank you , Doug
                          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                          Z28 LS1 power 500 +

Comment

Doug, I know where one is, and the interior is halfway taken apart so it shouldn't be too hard to get. The bottom ends are unhooked already too--when I pulled my "new" rear axle assembly off it!

Price should be pretty reasonable too. I should have gotten it when I was there this morning, but I'll be going back for something else anyway within a week or so.

Look for my new post in the suspension forum...

Karl

Comment

10-4 ,gotcha, I appreciate it ,just let me know when you got it and how much $$ .
                              Doug
                              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                              Z28 LS1 power 500 +

Comment

Working...
                              X