My cars got some issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My cars got some issues

For the most part my car has been trouble free but lately its really starting to annoy me. I like gravel roads because the cops never go there but in doing so i chipped my paint on the rocker panels of my car so I just tapped it off and sprayed a truck bed liner there so now i dont need to worry.

other things that have happened are
    -the fan speed control broke. Fixed
    -sounds like my fan bearing is shot.
    -a clip for my heater controls broke. Made a new one
    -my deck broke, put in new one and has no audio so i rewired it.
    -engine is ticking
    -Exhaust has broke clear apart 3 or 4 times. I just take a new piece of metal shape it and weld it on but i can tell that its about to break off again.
    -runs very rich
    -gas tank has a leak, will fix this weekend
    -rear bearings went, fixed
    -i need new lower control arms
    -near the top of my rear struts there are the factory spot welds well they are separating a bit and when it rains i get water in my car through there.
    -my hand brake is junk

I think thats everything. I know its all easy fixes at least for the most part im just tired of fixing this car.

Well, I just felt like writing his down somewhere. With the ticking engine im thinking of just leaving it if it cracks a valve or whatever I can just drop another engine in there for cheap.
    Last edited by Slyder; 06-18-2010, 05:21 PM.
    Tim S

Not trying to come off as a smart aleck, but a few of those problem can be contributed to driving down gravel roads. You probably already know this.

In the part of Michigan that I live in, gravel roads,(I should say dirt), are a certain early death for vehicles. Dust and mud collecting in cracks and crevices in the body, holding moisture = quick rot. Pot holes and wash boards = excessive vibrations and abrupt impact on suspension components, etc., etc.

The ticking should be easy enough to narrow down. Probably just an HLA. Not a "death knell" and pretty easy to change. Don't give up on the engine yet.

I consider this posting a simple venting of frustration. Which is a good thing to do. Get it out and then move on.

Comment

lol ya i know gravel roads dont exactly extend my cars life. but i like to have fun every once in a while and thats the one place cops never go.

I dropped the tank and around the seal there is rust where gas is slowly coming out so tomorrow ill clean the tank and wash it in and out, cut a whole and weld a new piece in.

You are correct, this i just a venting of frustration. on the bright side this might give me the excuse to buy new tools
      Tim S

Comment

Originally posted by Slyder View Post
        .. on the bright side this might give me the excuse to buy new tools
        Well schyea, I'd go for that...

Comment

Working...
        X