Oh Oh, were my exact words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Oh, were my exact words

Wife and I were out today garage saleing, in the grey ghost. We were having a good day and decided to go to Wal-mart which is about 20 miles away. We are driving along, listening to the music and then, without any warning, the engine just stops running. We slow down and I pull over to the side of the road. Wife looks at me and says, whats wrong. I don't know, it just stopped. So I get out and open the hood and tell her to get behind the wheel. I'm check the coil wire to make sure it didn't come out cause I had been working on the car the previous day and had pulled the speedometer gear cable and pulled gear out to check the fluid. Added fluid, put gear back in, attached the cable and all was good. So I figured I may have knocked wire loose. So as I'm looking, I tell the wife to get behind the wheel, push clutch in, and try starting it. Turns, but don't start. All I could think of was wife getting madder. I pull the coil wire out of distributor and tell her to crank it. Had my fingers too close to the end and gotted zapped couple times, yea, i got spark. Pulled plug wire to check it, yep, got spark there too. I had also checked the main fuses and they were all good too. So I start to think, maybe not getting gas. Well, I normally carry a little emergency box with tools but had taken it out night before so I have no tools. So I can't take gas hose off to check gas. I don't know why, but it came into my head about a safety switch in back for the gas pump. I had to take my knife out cause i had built a cover to go over the rear shock. It was held on by a screw and I used my knife to remove screw. After I got the cover off, I look around for the little switch and it is laying upside down with the little red reset switch pointing down instead of up. I grab the switch, the button had been popped so I push it back in, tell wife to crank it and boom, the engine starts running again. My wife just gives that look, your lucky mister cause you would be paying dearly if I had to walk home (which was a good thirteen miles away. I closed the hood, asked her if she still wanted to go to Wal-mart and I'm sure every married guy has seen the look of "YOU BEST BE TURNING THIS CAR AROUND AND TAKING ME HOME, NOW. So we make it home and all is good now. I went out and fixing the switch so it was secured to side of the car and in the up-right position. Put cover back on, and drove it around (by myself) and all was going good. We have to go to my daughter's house tomorrow for a fathers day barbeque which is 25 miles away and I think I'll drive the truck. Twas a good ending. Oh yea, Wife's comment when we got home was, I aint riding in that car again. We will see, We will see.
    Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
    93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
    01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Wow, seems like the wife is really hatin on the ghost. Where did that attitude come from ? Any car will break down, probably a lot more than a festiva will. Beside it wasnt the festivas fault, it was just doing something designed to save your life.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
      "YOU BEST BE TURNING THIS CAR AROUND AND TAKING ME HOME, NOW.
      It's amazing how women can say so much and not utter a word.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

All I have to do is mention some of my ideas for my car and I either get that "look" or I hear the infamous "I ain't ridinin' in it speech"....hah!
        91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
        --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yea, I got that I aint riding in it remark too about three weeks ago when i took the back off it. So then I picked her up at Dentist office which is about 4 blocks away and she says, this rides better than the truck now. I made the mistake of saying, thought you weren't going to ride in this early this morning and I got the look too then.
          01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

get it in writing

when i first got the car to san diego from canada, i took my wife on a joy ride. she said it is to fast for her, and she doesnt want no part of it. i asked her if i could get that in writing. i plan on pulling out the passenger racing seat anyways.

Comment

Well, getting ready to head out to daughter's. The festiva is behind the truck so I would have to move the car to take the truck. Im just going to say, Hey, even the your car or the truck could break down. Lets just take the festiva. We will see, lol
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

We tend to push our luck too often in what we say. But I think I partway convinced my wife that if I drove more carefully and didn't attempt stunts -she'd ride...maybe ...
                91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
                --------------------------------------------------

Comment

well, I walked out the door and got into the festiva and started it up and wife came out the door, gave me that no way look and I just smiled and she walked around and got in. Then I handed her the keys to the truck and said I was just going to move the ghost out of the way so you could get the truck out and smiled. Won't say what she said cause then we would have to move this to the arena. It was a great day. And to think, it's only been 34 years together, lol.
                  01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Working...
                  X