Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea & Tick Med

Hi All,
    I know this has nothing to do with cars, but it's a very imp. question. Has anyone ever used Hartz flea and tick med? We are going to my hubby's parents cabin in two weeks and bought some. However, I am hearing mixed opinions. Some people say not to use it, as it doesn't work and it can harm thie skin. Also, how soon so I need to put the med on for it to be effective?

Thanks!
    She leaves her footprints in the sand...HKV!
    Tiffany Litke :angel13:

We use frontline plus on our cat. We buy it on eBay. You can get a 6 month supply in bulk form for waaaaaay cheaper than going thru a vet.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah frontline works the best imo

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

Do not use the Hartz I have been told it will kill your pet. We use Sentry Pro and it works great. It is about 10 dollars a box and I just did a dose on all 14 of my dogs. Take the Hartz back if you can and go to petco and get the Sentry.

Has caught the most Festivas on Fire on this board!!

Comment

My Mom used Hartz on two of her cats and it temporarily paralysed them and for about a week they were still having problems.
          '90 LX

Comment

Omg wow, how can they let this still be on the Market?! I will de fbe taking this back!

Comment

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
              My Mom used Hartz on two of her cats and it temporarily paralysed them and for about a week they were still having problems.
              Ingredients from China maybe?
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I use Frontline on Max. My Dacshund. It'll kill any ticks that are already on him and keep anymore from getting on him for three months.

Comment

Thanks all for your input!

Comment

i use frontline or stuff from petco in a big bottle. seems to work very well.
                    05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

i've used the Hartz flea stuff, it made my cats drool and sapped them of their energy.. i dont think i would use it again.. frontline would probly be your best bet.

Comment

Heres what I got. They basically take the big dog dose and divide it up for your smaller animal. The ingredients between the dog and cat varieties are just about the same...

91GL BP/F3A with boost
                        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

we, (caety and i) use Revolution on our cats with no ill affects asside from a temporary bad additude while being applied.
                          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

DO NOT use Hartz or any other budget brand you find in chain stores! They can seriously injure or KILL your pet! My wife is a vet tech, dog trainer and is very involved with the local animal shelters & rescues. This is a very serious problem that most people don't know about. We have seen the results first hand.

Here are a couple links to get some more detailed info:

Also, don't forget that Heartworm prevention is extremely important!
                            I know the meds are expensive, but if you don't keep them treated ALL year long the odds are not good. Once they get heartworms, it is very hard, very dangerous and even more expensive to treat them.
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I will def. not be using it. Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X