Ford Ranger a/c question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Ranger a/c question

I was driving my truck yesterday(99 Ranger 4 cyl,2wd).For the first time ever,the air conditioning cut out.It happened for only a minute or less.Nothing came out of the vents at all.It was on high.It was working fine,then nothing,then back to normal....?????

The computer will cut the a/c under specific conditions, such as wide open throttle, engine speed close to stall, engine overheat.

Drove me crazy when this happened to me on my ranger, then found out it was normal.

If it is working normal now probably nothing to worry about.

If the fan quit blowing altogether that would be something different.
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by econoaddict View Post
      The computer will cut the a/c under specific conditions, such as wide open throttle, engine speed close to stall, engine overheat.

If the fan quit blowing altogether that would be something different.
      I think when he said "nothing came out of the vents", he meant the fans stopped working too.
      Oscar

Comment

if the heater fan quit running all together and would not run at any speed , I would suspect the heater fan relay in the under hood fuse panel , the relay controls the power side of the circuit and the blower speed resistor controls the ground side. usually when the blower speed resistor quits , you still have high speed only. Ford relays of that vintage did not do to well under the hood with all that heat. If it does it again, try swapping the relay with another one in the same panel , try not to use the fuel pump or pcm power relay,, you need to get home .

Comment

Originally posted by perucho View Post
          I think when he said "nothing came out of the vents", he meant the fans stopped working too.
          Did it work at any speed??
          What about the volt gauge or light in the dash, did it do anything when it stopped??
          Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
          1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Yes,it worked at every speed.It was just the one time it stopped blowing for about 10-15 secs..Has worked 2 yrs then that .Now it hasn't happened again.

Comment

Working...
            X