need advanced information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advanced information

I am looking for some advanced information. if any one knows the answer or can find the answer or test for the answer that would be great

the fuel gauge reads based on OHMs correct? what are the full and empty readings? i found the readings for a EFI car but what about the carb car?

what does the tachometer read off of? is this ohms or amps, or what? what are the readings for that? like whats the reading for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 rpms?

if a aftermarket battery gauge could be installed what does it read? amps? whats the high low readings on it?

if a aftermarket temp gauge could be installed what does it read? ohms? what are the high and low readings for it?

im trying to figure out what signal the car is sending to operate these gauges in other words, but i really need numbers to make it work

i am assuming the other lights on the clusters are just regular old circuits, so power turns it on and no power turns it off, nothing advanced, right?
    Last edited by MTec007; 06-27-2010, 08:27 PM.

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
    I am looking for some advanced information. if any one knows the answer or can find the answer or test for the answer that would be great

the fuel gauge reads based on OHMs correct? what are the full and empty readings? i found the readings for a EFI car but what about the carb car??
    Carb and EFI are trhe same.

what does the tachometer read off of? is this ohms or amps, or what? what are the readings for that? like whats the reading for 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 rpms??
    Frequency. RPMx4=Hz So, 1000rpm=4kHz

if a aftermarket battery gauge could be installed what does it read? amps? whats the high low readings on it??
    depends on wether you buy an Amp or Volt gage. And if Amp, what range you buy. Should +/- 60A

if a aftermarket temp gauge could be installed what does it read? ohms? what are the high and low readings for it??
    Yes, resistance. Each brand has its own value range, so you would need to use their sending unit.

im trying to figure out what signal the car is sending to operate these gauges in other words, but i really need numbers to make it work

i am assuming the other lights on the clusters are just regular old circuits, so power turns it on and no power turns it off, nothing advanced, right?
    correct
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

wow! i didn't expect one person to know all the answers. thank you!

so the final answers are correct then?
      fuel is ohm resistance
      tach is frequency
      battery is volt or amp
      temp is ohm resistance

Comment

at one point in time i saw an electric speed sensor for our cars, does any one know where i can find that?

Comment

at one point in time i saw an electric speed sensor for our cars, does any one know where i can find that?
          I wouldnt mind having one of those. I remember seeing it somewhere too. Went inline with the speedo cable. Had a napa part that was really high priced...
          91GL BP/F3A with boost
          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

yeah thats the one, it will work for me but it doesnt have to be an inline one. i wish i bookmarked it now lol

Comment

I think i need to know what the amplitude and offset are for the tachometer. I am doing some research on a Q&A website and they asked for it to be able to help me more

Comment

Working...
              X