High Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Water

Well we may not have got a direct hit from hurricane Alex, but the Houston area got pummelled with rain all day long. I dont know the exact figure, but I'll bet some areas got in excess of 5 or 6 inches. This kind of rain always leads to widespread flooding and makes my commute home a PITA. I was very proud of my Festy though cause she plowed through water that had some pickup truck drivers worried. I would have been fine if I stayed on the freeway but I had about 1/8 tank of gas when starting and had already been in over an hour of stop & go traffic. The feeder roads on I45 suck when it rains and today was no exception. The deepest water I went through was about 8" or so but still deep enough to get about 2" of nasty water inside the driverside floorboard of my car. I saw many cars and some trucks drown out while I kept on plugging. Most of them were going too fast while I kept my rpms at about 2000 in first gear and made it all the way. My belt was squealing some but it needs tightened anyway. I find new reasons to love this little car every day. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I will finish sopping up the last bit of water and try drying my carpet. Prob need to check my wheel bearing grease too.
    1990 Festiva L
    Bp swap, stock tranny

[
Working...
X