Who Knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Knew

it could be so darn hard to find a tire to go on a stock festiva...
    7 tire places here called them all not one has a tire to match what is on my car
    155/R/12

Bleh
    i only need 2 tires and looks like i'm going to have to special order them and wait a week...

WHO KNEW

Oscar

Comment

i just went in and put two on my boat trailer the other day, 32 bucks each installed and no wait...but that was at canadian tire.
      90 festiva BP/G25MR swap, spec v seats, aspire brakes, FMS springs, round headlight conversion with HID's, custom exhaust, fiberglass hood, and a whole lotta bodywork
      BEFORE AFTER

Comment

Blade, where are you from? If you can't find any and can't order them, I know a place that can, and they usually only take a couple days tops. Let us know. There may be someone near you that has some spares.
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

I can get them new from a hole in the wall tire shop here in town.. they're $61 plus tax a piece plus shipping.. but there are better deals out there
          Last edited by MTec007; 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Just grab some metro 13's.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

The prices are great. Problem is that they want 82 to ship four tires ground.
              The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
              1988 LX ~sold~
              1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
              2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
              1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
              2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

That's what is kind of nice about living in an area that's still fairly well populated with Festers. My shop keeps 8 on hand all the time. As soon as they sell one, or more, they reorder to keep 8 on hand.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by Sandm849 View Post
                  The prices are great. Problem is that they want 82 to ship four tires ground.
                  Well, they are in CA...
                  Oscar

Comment

Get Metro/Swift 13" rims, or 1986 - 89 Mazda 323 13" rims. Much better tire availability, and much higher quality tires too. The 12" tires available now are all crap by comparison. IMO the best overall compromise tire is the Sumitomo 165/70x13 all-season. Wears well, 70 series for better handling, 165mm wide, won't rub anywhere. Tire Rack, $46:
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I paid $50 per tire mounted, balance, and lifetime free rotation. I have had no troubles or issues of any kind with them, and would recommend them to anyone who can get them. I can get them for you if you want, but if you are not close, you will still have shipping costs to deal with.
                      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
                      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                        it could be so darn hard to find a tire to go on a stock festiva...
                        7 tire places here called them all not one has a tire to match what is on my car
                        155/R/12

Bleh
                        i only need 2 tires and looks like i'm going to have to special order them and wait a week...

WHO KNEW
                        dude go to the junkyards! sometimes they have fresh new tires or very good ones off festivas size 12's! and they be cheaper as well!

Comment

i got my 12 inch tires off a geo metro in the junkyard

Comment

If you are close by, I have 4 tires with steel wheels in good shape that you can have for free IF you pick them up. Don't want to ship them anywhere.
                            Oscar

Comment

i appreciate all the help
                              finally found some had to drive a ways to get them put on but i only needed 2 didn't want to go with 13" rims and have to buy 4 new ones which might or might not have cost me more
                              took them forever to mount 2 tires and now my alignment is screwed pulling badly to the right guess i'll have to take it somewhere tomorrow or next day whenever i get out and get it aligned

the thing that really ticks me off is i ordered tires last week
                              the guy told me he had exactly what i needed... 155/r/12
                              i went there on monday... they were 13's
                              stupid kid actually stood there and told me there has never been a 12 on a car in the us... i was happy to just about shove his face right onto my wheel... too bad it wasn't rotating might have raised the iq level in this area a few points by process of elimination

neway at least i got tires on it after alignment if arty ever messages me back i'll know what coil and such i need and can do some small maintence/upgrades
                              Last edited by LoneManWolf; 07-06-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X