No announcement yet.

Lost 6mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm pretty sure the stock Aisen carbs are part of a feedback loop system.

The reason I'm so sure (without going to get my '89 manual) is that, fed up with the bureaucracy at work several years back, I marveled that the difference between a bunch of incompetent administrators and a Festiva carb is that our carbs at least give feedback!

I consider our carbs to be smarter than the Pathological Administrative Subculture.

Yep.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Well i did find a vacuum leak today...but it couldn't have been disconnected very long. It's the line that operates the trap door valve in the breather housing for the heater hose...go figure, the damn thing actually works. So now i have that line plugged, because even after warming the car up, the valve stays shut trying to pull air out of the tiny little preheater hose on the bottom of the snorkel. I'm pretty positive there's no vacuum leak now, and i can't find any hint of a gas leak...no smell, no dripping on any lines i can see. The vacuum leak could be part of why my last tank of gas sucked so bad..we'll see.

By the way, ^^^ That's 99.9% city driving :cool:

Comment

Working...
      X