dumball 2011 poll, what theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumball 2011 poll, what theme?

i drove my festiva from portland, or to jackson hole wy and back.
    i themed the car as a hot wheels car based off a 1969 plymouth roadrunner.
    the original idea was to do an A-team festiva, but we had an a-team van this year and i would like to wait another year before unleashing the a-team festy.

so, i am thinking of doing a ghostbusters themed festiva and call it the ecto.5

yes ecto point 5 since it is like half the size of a real ecto 1,
    any other ideas?
    any mock ups i should try?
    i already thought of a hearse. too easy.
    general lee festiva?
    help me out with ideas.
    as crazy as you want... we even thought about doing a space shuttle.
    thanks.
    mark

I'm liking the Ghostbusters idea, making it look like the car from the movie. However it probably wouldn't be an Ecto .5, it would be an Ecto .25, since the Festy is WAY smaller than the Caddy used in the movie. Make some models of the nuclear power packs they wear, and put them in the back on display.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

Lightening Mcqueen- from "Cars"

or the Batmobile!
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

A WWII war plane (P-40) with the mouth full of teeth. Paint it olive drab, add the mouth with teeth, a star on the rear panels. You could wear a pair of aviator goggles and a flowing white scarf.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
        Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
        Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
        >> Photo Album <<

Comment

we did a chalk version of lightning mcqueen on my nova last year. i used flat black paint that worked just like chalkboard paint, so not this time.
          if you look up dumballrallyusa.com you will see a lincoln that was done in the bomber motif in 2009. it was beautiful. check it out. it is on picasaweb too. you may have to search dumball rally usa, pincoln, pincoln 2, pincoln II, also pincoln the revenge.
          the hotwheels theme is on picasaweb under 'team scorchers'
          i was thinking an olive drab with flat black accents, but am thinking more t.v. and movie themes.
          but thanks!
          Last edited by ghosthunter242; 07-12-2010, 01:46 PM. Reason: adding image of pincoln 2 the revenge.

Comment

i just waw the batmobile offering. i would not want to upset batstiva. but would love to do that. i will consult my future co-driver as well. either one would rock..
            keep them coming!
            thanks!!
            mark

Comment

How about Life Aquatic submarine? You could wear red caps and blue sweat suits w/ Team Zissou logos.

1993 Ford Festiva L ($650)
              Mazda 1.8L BP - PaceSetter Header (in progress)
              Aspire Swap - 15x6.5 wheels, 205/50/15 tires
              >> Photo Album <<

Comment

Originally posted by ghosthunter242 View Post
                i just waw the batmobile offering. i would not want to upset batstiva. but would love to do that. i will consult my future co-driver as well. either one would rock..
                keep them coming!
                thanks!!
                mark
                Pfft. It'd take a lot more than that to upset me. If you can pull it off, go for it!! :thumbright:

Here's my vote. Been kicking this idea around since before Batstiva was Batstiva.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

What about the Mach 5 from Speed racer!
                  or The Deathmobile from Animal House
                  I'm sure Herbie has been done before

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

the mach 5 was done in dumball 2008. i will have to google the deathmobile.
                    herbie was talked about but forgotten. jurassic park would look awesome but i don't know if i am up for that much work. but thanks guys, i am loving this.
                    ok, mr batstiva, i might have to mock up the bad 80's tim burton batmobile.
                    i have been kicking this idea around for years on our old race cars, but i think i could pull this off with enough trips to goodwill and home depot. i was thinking the blues brother's car would be funny, but the megaphone would destroy any aerodynamics the festiva had and would probably tip it over in any sort of wind... on to google the deathmobile...not to be confused with the deathproof nova/chargers...which i themed in 2009 dumball... deathspoof nova.mm

Comment

I like the ecto-.5 idea

Doc's DMC would be cool.

Eleanor-stiva? GT-50%

Comment

What about this...

Might be better suited for milehighbear's project though...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lessersivad View Post
                          What about this...

[ATTACH]3631[/ATTACH]

Might be better suited for milehighbear's project though...LOL
                          That one made me think of the Flinstones

Then I thought of this

That would be sweet!

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

awesome ideas. my co driver wanted to doc browns dmc... we will have to see...

Comment

went to the goodwill(by the pound pricing) and sound the blue flexible hose so, i guess fate has dealt me the hand of ghostbusters ecto.5.
                              when i finish painting my 66 charger and get it back together, i can't wait to tackle this.
                              mm

Comment

Working...
                              X