Scooore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooore!

i just got 2 thing for free by helping a friend of my mother in law clean out a storage unit.

And...

which is about $90 on amazon.

Cool! Are you going to mount it in your Festiva?
    '90 LX

Comment

heck yeah. im going to find the tallest antenna that they sell around here and mount it

Comment

Isn't that a great price for um anything?

Comment

Plus she mentioned about paying me too. plus shes feeding me too. going back tommorow bright and early

Comment

Hahaha sounds like the perfect women. Really reminds me of my mom as well.

Comment

Go to the truck stops. They have a universal magnetic mount you can buy and the longest CB antenna I've seen (truck driver here) has been a 10-foot whip, which wouldn't stay in the mount, but if the CB hasn't been turned up, a 300w antenna will do fine. Just make sure to put a noise filter on your power cord or you'll get alternator whine.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

i couldn't tell you what has been done to this thing, her husband was a real smart guy with electronics and such and he could have done anything to it for her. or she might have got it off another trucker otr which falls into the same "i dont know whats been done to it". any way shes got a better one now and told me "i won't be using that old thing ever again, take it".

i think my antenna will be ok, but my magnetic base has the cable built in and i think its a pos.. but i wont know till i get to the truck stop and buy power cord, and test it out.. i dont know a darn thing about antennas so i cant tell you what it is or how good it is.

Comment

and now i just finished cleaning a thick layer of dirt and smoke film off of it and it looks good

Comment

Or you coud do the double whip, like me!
                    Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kofkof_00 View Post
                      Or you coud do the double whip, like me!
                      im going to need to see more pictures of your car. that thing looks good!
                      Last edited by MTec007; 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Always happy to oblige!

Mon arme a moi, c'est un stylo.

Comment

i already saw that one, how bout some good quality interior pics?

Comment

When you test it, make SURE you have SOMETHING hooked up to the antenna or you could damage the radio.
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

define "something"? or did you just mean make sure that i have something hooked up to the antenna jack?

Comment

Working...
                              X