fuel gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge

My fuel gauge doesn't work properly and i was told i need a new fuel sending unit that goes inside the gas tank but none of my local auto parts stores seem to be able to find it in there systems. where could i order one from and does anyone have a part number or any leads thanks....It is an 1989 with a Carburetor
    Last edited by fredo2121; 07-14-2010, 10:13 PM. Reason: additional info

new would come straight from Korea or the Phillipenes (sp) better off retrofitting an aftermarket sender or using a sending unit from something else and refitting it for your float.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

i dont need new a used would be ok.... if i retrofit a universal would the gauge be wrong if the resistance was different than the oem

Comment

If you were to go the route of purchasing a new one how would you go about it? What company in South Korea would you contact? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bigbronco6728 View Post
          If you were to go the route of purchasing a new one how would you go about it? What company in South Korea would you contact? Thanks
          Sending units are no doubt made by some anonymous Korean or Japanese automotive electrical subcontractor, like YNS which makes our gauges. Getting a new one might not be possible--unless they are available for the 121s in other overseas markets, and are the same piece.

As an alternative, the following thread has several pics of a Festy sending unit. They might be generic within the Mazda family of vehicles. Then maybe we can find one that is still available on a later model of Mazda, from Rock Auto where we can actually see pictures of it, to match up with ours. Or go JYing to get one from another model.
          Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
          X