New here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here.

Hi, I am new here. I have a 1991 Festiva that is my wife's. Bought it in 1993 with 60K miles on it. It now has 235K miles and still doing well. Wife has kept track of every gallon of gas and the miles and it always averages right at 40mpg with her running all over the place using the A/C and all. Original clutch, CV axles, no engine work, just regular maintenance and a couple mufflers(I do all my own work). The 12 inch tires are getting harder to find and so I have some 13 inch wheels and some 165/65/13 tires on them so the speedo will be about the same. I was wondering about wheel hub studs so the proper nuts with the right size and taper will fit into the wheel adapters. Has anyone replaced the bolts with threaded studs? If so, where did you get them? Thanks .

Welcome! There is kits to replace the lug bolts...I just got some lug bolts from a late 80's BMW 3 series that are a 1/4 inch longer to accomodate rims or spacers. Fastivca recommended them to me.

Pics please!!!!

-Scott
    Aqua 93 L
    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Welcome! Great to have you here! If you get a minute, add your location to your profile. Many of our members are very willing to help out, and it's easier if we know what part of the country you're in.

Yes, the Beemer lug bolts work great. If you want studs, any local McParts can order them for you. Gorilla and McGard both make stud kits. You'll need 12mm x 1.5, at whatever length you choose. I went with 35mm or 1 1/4inch.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Welcome Aboard!!!!
        91' Festiva GL <AKA> "Little Boy Blue"
        --------------------------------------------------

Comment

Welcome! X2 on the pictures. Sounds like you've had years of joyful Festiva ownership!
          '90 LX

Comment

Welcome to the site! Try these guys--I bought mine from them. Use "permanent" Lock-Tite to hold 'em on.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Great to have you

Hey that festy is just getting broke in. My 90 lx which I bought new has 372,000 and still going strong. Original engine, starter, cluch, a/c compressor with original r-12 in it. I did change right c/v axle once though. It still gets 40 mpg around town and 44 out on the highway. So you have many more miles to enjoy.

Comment

Working...
              X