parts car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts car

iv been interested in this parked festiva for a while now....its a 90 i think...fuel injected...from the looks of the engine bay it doesnt run, or hasnt in quite some time....the body is in real good shape, except the front right fender....and the interior is all ragged out.

i could use the white tach cluster, the rear hatch, the fuel guage sending unit on the pump (if it works), the fuel tank (if it isnt bad, mine is rusted) and the fuel injectors (if they are any better than mine)

found out who owns it but havnt gotten a chance to go talk to him...what u think i should offer him? its been sitting for a couple years now.
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Sounds like he really doesn't care about it, so I would get ahold of the owner and talk to him about it and see if he is even interested in selling it. And if not have cash in hand that always helps :wink: And if he does want to sell it get your number in first!!!! Start LOWWW, like 40 bucks, and see what he says and go from there. Just get number in first, because if he does then you have to fight him to get it back low again

Thanks Mike
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2162509
    First known g25mr with Hydraulic clutch swap

Comment

You never know what deal you'll find.

I bought my last 2 Festivas for $50 each. That was my first offer and they accepted. The owner was grateful just to get the cars out of her driveway.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Scrap is $100 a ton and the festiva weighs 1800lbs so he would only get $90 if he scraps it and he would still need to get it to the yard. So tell him the top dollar would $100 but start low in the 50 range.

If he doesn't take the offer and the car is located in town then call the city inspector on him. Anonymously say that he is storing an unregistered car. Most cities frown on this. Wait a few days and go back with the same low offer, he may be ready to deal.

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
        BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
        BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
        New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

That's evil, Matt. :twisted:

I like it!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I've done that first, then go offer to tow the car away for free! worked several times....
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

100 was going to be my highest offer anyway. my uncle has a car hauler trailor i could borrow so getting the thing isnt a problem....and the whole calling the city thing wouldnt work where i live....mississippi...were talking the behind the scenes beverly hillbillies...you can see a 300 thousand dollar house and drive a quarter mile and see a cow pasture with 10 rusted buicks sitting next to a pile of steel, wahers and dryers, and the favorite old refrigerators
              90 L FI..second B3
              90 L Parts car
              Jay

Comment

Working...
              X