Junkyard jewel???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard jewel???

I was at my local parts harvesting location,and while walking over to the ford section you have to go thru gm.what I seen was pretty cool! There was a Buick 3800 with a supercharger,actually I found 2..
    I turned it by hand and I heard compression.that's a good sign I guess...
    However my question is can they be used on anything else? I mean for $45 it worth trying,right?
    If anyone used one on a Mazda or a special ford branded Mazda built by Kia,maybe I'll pick one up....
    90 miata
    93 protege V6
    88 festicle 1.6 sohc,am/fm radio

chrome dont get you home....

not alot of people on here are into the cross breading there festivas, but with that said, everyone has diffrent likes, and you can put almost anything in anything just depends on the work you want to put into it, if its 45 dollars and not 450 i would definatly go for that deal, even if they dont run the super chargers are wroth a couple hundred by them selves, if you ask me, i would snatch em...and if you wanted to, tinker with it but another thing on the 3.8s, you have to build your own subframe to mount it up....

sorry for the little ramble
    03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
    92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
    92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

I think the $45 is just for the Supercharger.

If you can get someone to build you an intake for the motor I say go for it. My friend is planning on trying to mount one of those Eaton M62/M90s on his Geo for giggles. They are kinda out of breath on the GM 3800s but they should have plenty on our tiny 1.3L. Your definitely gonna need fuel mods though for sure.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

sorry i wasnt clear on that,i meant just the blower by itself. it looks very similar to the ones used on the miata??? it was just a thought
        90 miata
        93 protege V6

Comment

Do it up... let's see what you come up with!
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

At one time I was thinking about adapting one of those onto my 4.3 Olds V6 diesel.

Comment

i dont think i would admit having one of those!!! just kidding! aside from a few brackets and lining the thing up,a pulley swap,a box with an outlet tube to the int.manifold,the inlet to the blower should be fairly easy,some fuel pressure,ok,maybe its a lot of work a guy could dream!
              but im not giving up on this one,i think im gonna get it and find a use for it!!!!! superchargers sound awesome!
              90 miata
              93 protege V6

Comment

I remember the member ketchup was doing one on a BP. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...t=supercharger
                '90 LX

Comment

cool! thank you for that! i know where im going sunday morning
                  90 miata
                  93 protege V6

Comment

yeah, gotta do it! those are good for 16 psi with the right pulley, and they flow fairly efficiently. i would leave the stock pulle on it and build your engine for 10000 rpm, the blower will keep up no problem.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

that makes more sence...that i would definatly like to try...
                      03 Chevy S-10 Extreme-4.3
                      92 Ford Festiva GL-to be determined
                      92 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-5.7

Comment

Working...
                      X