New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here!

Hey guys, I'm new here, and I don't own a Festiva or any variant of one, just enjoy what people are doing to them.

I have been tuning for about eight years now, basically starting with my 93 Ford Probe GT. with just an exhaust, I ran 15.2@92mph, and from my first time at the track I never looked back!

I supercharged it, and ran 12's, turbo'ed it and ran low 12's, then Twincharged it, and went high 11's on only 10lbs of boost! This was on a stock block and full interior, weighing in around 2900lbs.

I also own an EVO, 03, which has gone 12.30's on the stock turbo, at 22psi.

I recently met a guy who put the capri motor in his festiva, and that is more or less why I am here. Oh he ran 13.7 at 103mph I think..... Pretty quick!

anyway, that is a short intro to who I am, look forward to bein on the site!!

Thanks for looking

John
    93 Probe GT-Twincharged-11.992@115mph 10lbs
    -11.940@111.66mph 14lbs(Slipping clutch)
    123.7mph highest trap
    95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Welcome to the site... it won't be long before the affliction sets in and a Festiva shows up in your driveway
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Sounds like you are ready for the Festiva experience.
      Oh and where are you from? (update your profile)

Get some pics of the other cars too! We love Festiva's here but we still appreciate other cars :p
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Welcome dueces, where are you from? I hope you enjoy the site and maybe you'll end up with a festiva. They are great cars!

Comment

Welcome to the site John. Maybe see you at FM4?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes guys! I updated a little about myself, and I will post some vids when I get some time. Or you can look on youtube and search twincharged probe.

John
            123.7mph highest trap
            95 Probe GT-RWD-4.8LS-Turbo in process-10.240@135.3mph, Turboed, 3300 race weight

Comment

Welcome! You'll eventually find them too hard to resist. I think my join date was June/July of 2007, and I finally scooped up my first one this last May!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Nice! I would love to pick one up for a full gtx swap, but having a kid here in six weeks wont help that.... That, and my project I am working on right now is a rear drive Probe GT, that I am throwing a chevy 5.3L in with a R154 MKIII supra tranny.... that will be my fast street strip car, I am hoping for single digits with it, and it shouldn't be a problem at 6-8psi.....

if I get a chance when I get home I will post up some vids of my old Twincharged probe and my new project. But I am real busy trying to get a motor for my EVO so I can get that car sold.

John
                123.7mph highest trap

Comment

Welcome! Let us know how the RWD Probe turns out, I almost did the same kind of thing with an 88 MX-6 with a ford 302. Plenty of room under the hood of the probes/mx6s for it.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Welcome.

What supercharger did you use [vortech or] what for the turbos [junk yard] anyway welcome to the site. Videos and pic's would be nice. Do you know Don Spear over in Milan,he runs a shop called Chassis Concepts.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                      What supercharger did you use [vortech or] what for the turbos [junk yard] anyway welcome to the site. Videos and pic's would be nice. Do you know Don Spear over in Milan,he runs a shop called Chassis Concepts.

Nope don't know him. I haven't done any work at shops, I just work out of my garage on everything....
                      The supercharger is an m62 unit from eaton, the turbo is an ebay .57 trim t3/t4.

This is my only 11 sec recorded run, I ran four 11 sec passes, three at ten lbs and this one was at 14lbs with the clutch slipping, as you can tell by the 111.66mph
                      To me this sound is just pure awesomeness, cause noone knows whats going on ha ha.

ford probe, supercharged, turbocharged, 13psi, drag radials

this is one timeslip twincharged on drag radials

Other than that I don't have much for pics or anything, the car wasnt much of a looker, but man did it confuse a lot of people!

John
                      Last edited by dueces; 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM.
                      123.7mph highest trap

Comment

Hey dueces, do you run at cordova. I was originally from Davenport. My brother runs at cordova. Jim Thompson. He runs a duster
                        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

BTW John we have a meet coming up in St. Louis. We haven't worked out eh date yet, but it is usually early Nov. I'm thinking either Oct 30 or Nov 6; both are Saturdays.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

cool, I'll see if I am available. I am about to have my first kid so idk, but i would love to make it down in a rwd probe.... ha ha

John

I do run at cordova and that name sounds familiar, I just cant put a face to it....
                            123.7mph highest trap

Comment

Welcome to the site. Here you go. Festiva Power!!!

-Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X