88 motor into 93 body???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 motor into 93 body???

hi i'm looking to rebuild and than put my 88 motor into my 93 body..i know that the 88 is a corb and the 93 injectors...

you can put the 88 motor in the 93 body and use the 93 intake to keep it Fuel Injected

Comment

you can use the engine since it's b3.

but you'll either have to swap efi parts (heads, intake, etc) or swap the carb'd harness and a bunch of parts to change it over to carb'd

(edit>> or do you have to change over the head? maybe not, probably just the intake and any efi related parts)
      Last edited by walth; 07-28-2010, 07:55 AM.
      Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

the 93 body has all of the FI parts, slap the 93 intake on the 88 motor and call it a day

Comment

Originally posted by walth View Post
          you can use the engine since it's b3.

but you'll either have to swap efi parts (heads, intake, etc) or swap the carb'd harness and a bunch of parts to change it over to carb'd

(edit>> or do you have to change over the head? maybe not, probably just the intake and any efi related parts)
          No need to change out the head, unless there is something wrong with it. Internals are the same from 88-93.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
            Internals are the same from 88-93.
            I think 88-89 had solid lifter and 90-93 have hydraulic lifters, might be wrong on years. But, agree that it will make no difference.
            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
            '92 Aqua parts Car
            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
            Your holy ghost will not save you.
            Your God plutonium will not save you.
            In fact...
            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

88-89 did have solid lifters, but won't hurt just have to adjust them some times. Only thing you need is the intake and the disty and block off the fuel pump spot. And the oil pressure sensors have different plug style so change that one as well. Then you be all set i just swapped a efi motor into a 88.

Comment

swap

Just for comparison I swapped a 97 aspire motor into an 89 festy with 4 speed a few years ago. Had to strip down to long block but swap went well. Had to rig fuel pump differently but otherwise worked OK. That 89 would out-run my 90 LX 5 speed.

Comment

thank you guys...i like working on my own cars...my son is a great mechanic but in the army.in iraq..he incouraged me to get into this webpage...and now i am going to pull that engine and start cleaning it up...thanks again

Comment

certainly glad you are here arrow, and that we can help. Tell your son we're thankful for his service and glad he sent you here for help.
                    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                    X