Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Festiva experience lasted a week (for now).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva experience lasted a week (for now).

Hello from Seattle - bought a '91 Festiva L on Wednesday of last week. 5sp.
    faded red & relatively clean. $750.00 cash american. Took it to my mechanic-had most of the oil drips taken care of (seal/valve cover gasket), had the funky locks fixed, bought some decent seat covers, wheelskin/ MonsterKnob,ect. Went to pull-a-part. Found a horn,dome light,sun visor, right side mirror, center console trim piece & last but not least a left front headlight.
    This morning, on my way to work, this a**hole in a beater Econoline Van decides to do a u-turn in front of me (starts to drift right, then abruptly turns hard left in front of me). Long story short -buckled hood,crushed bumper and right front fender. Taking it to the guys Allstate adjuster for the formality of declaring it "totaled". I'm sick. Funnest car I've driven in years.

Damn. Pissed off and depressed. I'll see what I get from the "good hands people" and start looking again. thanks.

Nooooooooo!!!!! its a shame when stuff like this happens. Hope you didnt get hurt. hope you get another Festy there are awesome!
    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
    :spam1:is delicious

Comment

I have heard you can make the insurance company find you another one in similar condition instead of a check, I don't know if it is true though.
      93 Festiva GL

Comment

You might still be able to fix it. You could end up with an almost-free Festiva! The insurance company will probably let you buy it back after being totaled, for a deduction of $200 or so.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Hey,

Also check their policy online. Many insurers have it written in to provide a rental car till you can get a replacement vehicle"for a limited time like 2 weeks or so". Tell them you need full price on the total and keep the car or you want a rental and you will take your time getting new. Thats how I got things done when dealing with state farm ins.
          Jeremy.S
          1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
          1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
          1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

OMG, that is freaking horrible!! Check the car over, if the only damage is cosmetic, meaning no underlying frame or support damage, then it should be fairly easily fixable. If not, see if you can atleast get it back as a parts car for your next Festiva. Cause we all know there will be a next Festiva.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
            X