Festiva Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva Turbo

This kits pretty sweet does a kit like this run on the stock festiva motors ?

no

BP Festiva http://www.cardomain.com/ride/723319 - SOLD
    BPT Festiva www.cardomain.com/ride/2260009 - SOLD
    BPT GTX www.cardomain.com/ride/2436495 - SOLD
    New GTX - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3294846/ - SOLD

Comment

all that is is a universal turbo kit. i see them all the time on ebay
      1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
      :spam1:is delicious

Comment

With a huge turbo and nothing actually meant to be fitted to a Festiva. Likely manufactured in China and of very questionable quality. I wouldn't buy that... it would likely be the worst purchase of your life for numerous reasons.
        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I don't know why everyone is down on this. It sez most customers install it in a weekend, and get 485 HP with 25 pounds of boost. What could possibly go wrong?
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Can you say Blowed motor??
            Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

i think with this turbo on a stock festy after the first take off you might have four holes in your hood, one for each piston flying
              1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
              :spam1:is delicious

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                With a huge turbo and nothing actually meant to be fitted to a Festiva. Likely manufactured in China and of very questionable quality. I wouldn't buy that... it would likely be the worst purchase of your life for numerous reasons.
                Well, the eBay Chinese turbos are decent if you immediately tear them down and rebuild with garrett internals. I know a few people who have done this.

And a B3 probably couldn't even spool this thing enough for it to do any damage (or gain any power).

Not defending this kit or it's seller though. You might as well build your car out of a dollar store.

Also: painfully obvious this guy just copy n' pasted a list of vehicles onto the same kit:
                Last edited by Tommychu; 08-02-2010, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  I don't know why everyone is down on this. It sez most customers install it in a weekend, and get 485 HP with 25 pounds of boost. What could possibly go wrong?
                  With each different sized engine this turbo could be installed on, the HP numbers and how efficient it is would vary greatly

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                    Well, the eBay Chinese turbos are decent if you immediately tear them down and rebuild with garrett internals. I know a few people who have done this.

And a B3 probably couldn't even spool this thing enough for it to do any damage (or gain any power).

Not defending this kit or it's seller though. You might as well build your car out of a dollar store.

I would completely agree with you on all fronts... but regardless of how harmless this kit could potentially be, the OP is better off spending the $1000 on an Aspire swap and a B6/B8 if they have cash to burn.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                      I would completely agree with you on all fronts... but regardless of how harmless this kit could potentially be, the OP is better off spending the $1000 on an Aspire swap and a B6/B8 if they have cash to burn.
                      Yup. Sticking in a B8, that way you get better brakes, wheel choices (4x100) and the same power as a B3 with a turbo, probably at less expense than this kit. And later you can turbo the B8!
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

gopher it
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

It does not include a manifold, will require alot of fabrication to get this kit installed. You'll be better off buying the proper parts individually (turbo, intercooler, ect) that are the correct size for your motor.

Comment

yeah i just wondered how they work if their actually worth what they cost i have a mustang and i saw they make the same kits for them too but yeah if im buying a turbo kit i think id get one made for the motor and something that will last not cheap chinese stuff

Comment

Working...
                            X