Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now I bought a $100 festy today

And drove it home 50 miles.

92 GL, red, 5speed, 250k. Almost zero rust, four good tires on it four more in the trunk. Nice radio, 6x9s, interior is in decent shape, hatch cover with hardware. Manual mirrors on both sides, door pockets.
    Needs a pass headlight and pass fender has a dent (not too bad though). Leaks mad oil! And it burns oil too, something is wrong w/ cyl no1. Doesn't like to idle, etc. which is why the PO parked it. But in upper rpms it feels pretty good, turned over tires in second by accident (I'm used to tires that are a good 2" wider and much stickier :p )

no pics, I've gotta grab about two hours of sleep before I head out on a 17 hour 10-state drive in the morning. Hiking 120 or so miles in Maine!

Just figured I'd share my awesome deal of today. Thanks to Chris (Walth) for helping me pick it up!

Nate
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Fantastic! Greg has a motor for you (my old B3, which ran great when he pulled it) if you just want a stocker. Mileage about 160K.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

That's great man! Congrats on getting the Festi! Are you going to put it on the road too?
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Working...
      X