Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy clutch adjustable?

Hey,

About to go look at an 88 festy. I called on it and they said the only trouble with the car is the clutch needs adjusted as it is slipping. I was under the impression that the clutch was not adjustable in a festy. After mentioning that the owner told me her father is a mechanic and said it could be adjusted he just doesn't have time etc. So.... is it lol ? Going to go look at it anyway as it looks like a pretty straight car , but hoping to know what I'm getting in to first.
    Jeremy.S
    1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
    1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
    1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

slipping

Slipping means the clutch plate is worn away and needs to be replaced by completely removing the transmission from the car. Adjusting the clutch free play is done on top of the transmission with double nuts.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 08-04-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

^ like the man said... but buy the car if its a good price!

Comment

Hey,

I went and checked it out and test drove it. Clutch goes 3/4 of the way up and doesn't engage, but even when it does it doesn't seem to be grabbing properly. The threaded rod that runs from the cable to tranny is very shiny at the end that connects to the cable. Looks stripped to me. If I understand things correctly it should still fully engage even if the cable is boogered. I base that on the fact that its fully released so should be engaged. I think the clutch is toast. Asking price 700 obo . It has a little rust in the rear wells but very fixable. A ding here , dent there.....I hit her with 450 and no go so I walked away. Heres a link to the add http://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/1879611460.html Its an L with a 4 spd
        Last edited by Ogrekhan; 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling
        Jeremy.S
        1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
        1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
        1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

She should have taken the $450 with a bad clutch.

Comment

Working...
          X