Lifting my 93; any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifting my 93; any help?

I recently bought a 93 festiva with 90k; shes not cherry but runs great and would look better with about 6 in+ spring and/or frame lift... anyone ever jack one of these babies up? I saw a vid on youtube guy said he put chevy 1ton springs on it; any suggestions? thanks

matt

sounds like it would be interesting but ive never seen it or heard of it i saw a few with push bars and stuff off truck

Comment

Using Aspire springs will lift it up some.
      -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
      -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
      -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

lift's the rear bout 3 inches front like 2 1/2 or close.
        I think it's worthless to lift it up if it is a good running car leave it and drive it or part out and double the money.

Comment

I think the CV's won't like it if you go that high.

Comment

Go to aspire axles. They are longer.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Rio struts and springs jacked up my car but tore up my capri axle on the drivers side.

Its pointless, will trash your drivetrain and make the car dangerously unstable.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                Rio struts and springs jacked up my car but tore up my capri axle on the drivers side.

Its pointless, will trash your drivetrain and make the car dangerously unstable.
                I completely agree with this. It makes sense to upgrade to Aspire stuff if you're ever carrying heavy loads or lots of passengers though.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Yep, the aspire struts and springs swap right in and will give you a slight lift without screwing things up.

If you want 6+ inches, put the body on a small 4x4 frame.... suzuki samurai comes to mind.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiimatt View Post
                    I recently bought a 93 festiva with 90k; shes not cherry but runs great and would look better with about 6 in+ spring and/or frame lift... anyone ever jack one of these babies up? I saw a vid on youtube guy said he put chevy 1ton springs on it; any suggestions? thanks

matt
                    There is no "frame lift" option. The festiva is a unibody. If you don't tear it up lifting it it could last you another 200,000 on AVERAGE.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

aspire springs

how much would aspire springs lift it up?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        Yep, the aspire struts and springs swap right in and will give you a slight lift without screwing things up.

If you want 6+ inches, put the body on a small 4x4 frame.... suzuki samurai comes to mind.
                        Amazingly the sammy frame is actually to small a wheel base.
                        It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

^ a 4 door cherokee is about a foot too long iirc...a little chop and it would fit, im not sure about the 2 door cherokees maybe they would be just right...
                          Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

cherokees are the same length regardless of body style, permitting we are comparing the same years.

a samurai or wrangler are closer to wheel base.
                            Slainte!

-Mike

91 Festiva L 1.3l 5spd

Comment

Working...
                            X