been a while but i think of yall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been a while but i think of yall!

I got a new job at the beginning of july and it has been a challenge on my little festiva. I spend an average of 5 hours a day and average 1200 to 1400 miles a week. last week was 1600 miles because I worked in richmond,va saturday and sunday. I will have to say other than no ac in 100+ degree days has sucked, but it has ran flawlessly other than a bout with a radiator exploding on me. I gave it credit still, the radiator was 20+ years old so it owed my nothing. Thanks to Smedley and Littlebluetiva I was rescued! The car is well surpassing my expectations as a daily commuter and the looks are priceless when I pass most of the snobby drivers with their newer cars. I actually get thumbs up and compliments from some people that make me feel good on the way home.

Anyhow just wanted to share and let yall know I think of you everyday even though I don't get to log in.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

That's awesome and good to hear! It's always nice to get some appreciation for your creation. That's one heck of a daily commute, especially for a 20 year old car! It's amazing!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Well I treated it today with another fresh oil change, a can of seafoam, a fresh fuel filter, and a new set of floor mats after giving it a bath and a fresh wax. It should feel good monday morning when we head out at 4am to do it all again. I love my Festiva, now I just need to find it a partner to trade off some of this mileage. I am trying to find an EFI stiva now to help lessen the burden on my carby.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

shouldn't be a problem....seems to be lots of Festy's out in NC....good luck.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
        X