New Festiva owner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Festiva owner!!

So today I bought a Festiva for $850. It is a 1993 auto with 125,000. I feel like I got a good deal. The interior is a little rough. Though so far it seems pretty strong. I've been doing alot of searching and reading. The biggest things I want to do are cosmetic. I will be doing alot of MECH. things though these will be more so over maintenance than upgrading. here is a list of what I want to fix up.
    Mirrors
    Sound system
    Seat Belts
    Interior(just clean, not amazing)
    Clear Corner Lights
    Paint Job
    Wheels/Tires
    Spoiler(maybe)
    Tint
    Rear Wiper
    Dome Light
    Tach

I've done alot of searching and such though I cant find many how to's (only the dome light.

So if you guys could be as nice as to throw me some links or such on what to read up and get certain parts that would be appreciated. (Especially clear corners)

I'll post pics of the my new whip tomorrow!
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Congrats! Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun with it.
    Oscar

Comment

Hey welcome to the forum and success with your changes Festy
      if I write badly....thanks google translator

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you got a good deal.

As for the how to's there are a ton in here, just do a little searching in each category.
        There's the $50 paint job
        a huge amount about wheels and tires
        alot about installing aftermarket things like tach/rear wiper/fog lights/air conditioning/dome light/mirrors
        basically anything you need has been discussed in here and alot is basically a direct swap.

You'll love it!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Best of luck... welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing what you've got tomorrow.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great people with a lot of great advice here.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by ENEMY_ View Post
              So if you guys could be as nice as to throw me some links or such on what to read up and get certain parts that would be appreciated. (Especially clear corners)
              WELCOME!:wave:

The clear coners only came on the Kia Pride and Mazda 121 overseas. So you have to buy them overseas or sometimes a member on here has them for sale.
              '90 LX

Comment

So I've encountered problem 1, reverse only works from park...Like if I go into reverse from Drive it will not work. Any ideas?

Comment

Probably the bushings that attach the gear shifter to the transmission.... That's my guess.

Look under the car and see if you can move the bar that connects the gear shifter to the transmission.... If it moves, that will be where you should start.
                  www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
                  www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                  Snoopy's
                  4621 Atlantic Ave
                  Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

I'll check that, I'm not very great at mechanical stuff so... I'am hitting the junkyard tomorrrow. Anything I should keep an eye out for I wouldn't expect to need or run into? TIPS!

Comment

Comment

^Sweet festy! Nice and clean
                        93L sold. First FESTY!
                        91L blue monster "BP swapped!" Robbed of its Heart for other Festy!
                        91GL blue bandit(thanks to sparky) Sold twice! lol
                        89L (thanks again to sparky) "SCRAPPED without my permission!!!!:nono:
                        93L Clean Green Machine! (Thanks to Sedat)-Sold to other member!
                        89 Auto LX Wrecked and stripped. violin
                        93GL Sold Too Soon!
                        91GL BP powered, ALL OPTIONS! banana time

Comment

x2 on the sweet Festy,looks like a good buy.Welcome to the site
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I'am hitting the junkyard tomorrrow. Anything I should keep an eye out for I wouldn't expect to need or run into? TIPS!
                            If you see any LX's, make sure to check under the passenger side seat for an Underseat Tray!
                            '90 LX

Comment

So I've encountered problem 1, reverse only works from park...Like if I go into reverse from Drive it will not work. Any ideas?
                              Originally posted by Britstiva View Post
                              Probably the bushings that attach the gear shifter to the transmission.... That's my guess.

Look under the car and see if you can move the bar that connects the gear shifter to the transmission.... If it moves, that will be where you should start.
                              Brit...from his statement I would say he has an automatic. He says from park....no park on the manual. If this is the case it is probably out of adjustment by a little. Had sort of the same problem when I swapped trannys. I had to take the cover off the shifter and then you will see the cable. Loosen the nuts and play around with the adjustment...you will get it set right.

LOL...I should have looked at his pics first....then I would have known for sure it was an auto....adjustment should fix it.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X