No announcement yet.

Jay Leno lost it....or is a sell out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not defending him, but Jay is known to be knowledgeable about his cars, and I think calling it a Fiesta was just a faux pas. Also, "he" (his shop) rarely leaves anything stock, even if it looks stock. I would not be surprised if the engine had been taken out by his men and worked over, so the part where he mentions that "we put that engine in" is misleading, but probably not entirely incorrect.

Also, this is a quick vid, and while I'm quite sure he knows the history of his SHOgun, he's not going to go into specifics for a very general short video.

On his web site, he has a much better video of it.
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post
      Not defending him, but Jay is known to be knowledgeable about his cars, and I think calling it a Fiesta was just a faux pas. Also, "he" (his shop) rarely leaves anything stock, even if it looks stock. I would not be surprised if the engine had been taken out by his men and worked over, so the part where he mentions that "we put that engine in" is misleading, but probably not entirely incorrect.

Also, this is a quick vid, and while I'm quite sure he knows the history of his SHOgun, he's not going to go into specifics for a very general short video.

agreed....but he is comparing it to the New Fiesta.....never was the same car and is not now.
      He also says they took out the original Festy engine and threw that one in. It came with the car when he got it.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by deathegg View Post

Yeah I kind of agree with that ^^^
        I'm guessing he was paid for that little video especially since at one point he does say "festiva" It's kind of sad he was calling it a fiesta and comparing the two. And he didn't pull out the original 4 cylinder and put the SHO in. But yeah I don't think that video was meant to talk about Festivas but to get peoples attention to fiestas? Not the best marketing idea in my opinion ha.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

i think thats what my problem was.....that he is comparing i different linage car. He should of shown his older Ford Fiesta instead of comparing with a Ford Festiva. I bet Ford threw money in his face to compare his Shogun with the new Fiesta

Comment

He was obviously being funny in places. "The original engine was fine, but I live in a hilly area." I think it's called deadpan. He knows his cars as someone else mentioned. He was goofing off.

Was it an official Ford video or something?
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Here's another link with Jay and the new Fiesta.

Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                Here's another link with Jay and the new Fiesta.

http://blogs.motortrend.com/6706239/...one/index.html
                oh..wow.. it just doesn't look good from the rear. (shogun)

Comment

Indeed. It's hideous. Looks totally botched. Like some guy showed up and said, "Ya know. Nobody's gonna see the back anyway. Who cares?"

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I am sure that Ford pays him very very well!!! Look in the above pic. I see a big Ford/Lincoln SUV. That probably belongs to the Ford exec.
                    Imagine..."Hey Mr. Leno, Here is a big fat check for you. Just say a few words about the new Fiesta and don't make it sound like a commercial.. Maybe show one of your other Fords, so people think that you like them..."

OK, so it probably didn't go down like that, but I'm probably not too far off.... Man, the rich get richer!!

Comment

Is it just me or is the Shogun sticker on crooked?
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by MTec007 View Post
                        oh..wow.. it just doesn't look good from the rear. (shogun)
                        After a year of glassing and grinding I have found you cant make a wide body festiva pretty
                        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Hehe. Actually, the more I really look at the Shoguns, the worse they look. The front is just as bad. Didn't try to blend in the "kit" at all. Hmm. It'll be nice to see your's when it's done.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I thought he was just being sarcastic in the video and joking around. Calling it a fiesta and festiva interchangeably is a honest mistake.

Comment

^^^ I have to agree, especially when you have both a Fiesta and a Festiva in the same room, plus the fact that the Fiesta is the one your obviously "supposed" to be talking about. However, it is kind of sad that he tries to pretend like HE built the car and that putting in a Taurus engine was HIS idea... but I guess thats just how show biz goes. Oh and BTW Leno, they do still make a SHO... its just got a 3.5L twin turbo that doesn't need nitrous to push it past 300HP (around 350 stock IIRC) :lol:
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^

Originally posted by nerd racing View Post
                                i bet conan knows the difference between a fiesta and a festiva
                                lol !
                                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                                X