Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check out the new trucks we got at work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the new trucks we got at work!

These rolled into my shop yesterday... The are made by a Company called Columbia. All electric, supposed to get 45 miles to a charge, top speed of 25MPH, and believe me they will get to that 25 FAST. Gotta love the instant torque of an electric motor! They have a regular tag on them and a 17 digit vin and title, the only restriction is that you are not allowed on any roads with a speed limit over 35 unless you have a slow moving vehicle triangle on the back. Then I think you're good for up to 55MPH roads. Pretty neat though, these first two will be going to the Custodial staff, and we have two more due in any day now for the IIT guys to tool around in and get rid of their noisy oil-leaking ClubCars, lol. Should be perfect around the campus since you can rarely get above 25MPH here anyway because of the layout, even in my 460 powered F350 .

Its too bad Joe (eye_of_ra) hasn't been on here in over two years, I bet he'd dig the shoes on these bad boys

Who's up for some 13x6 chrome steelies wrapped in 175/50R13 Sumitumo HTR200s? :lol:
    Neat little wheels though, kind of a Baja style 5 lug rim, not sure of the bolt pattern because I'm too lazy to measure it lol

Anyway, I'm excited about these things, and even though they are a little too small for a lot of our maintenance workers hopefully within the next five years someone will be selling a Ranger-sized electric that gets ~50 miles to a charge and 50MPH at a reasonable price and we can start converting our whole fleet to electric
    No festiva for me ATM...

Dude those are sweet lookin and sweet wheels.
    1990 Ford Festiva 196k Automatic (Gone) " It's a small car so you gotta drive it like your ticked off... Small cars need to be driven fast"
    :spam1:is delicious

Comment

^

very cool!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Same tires & size I have on my 323 wheels! I could use another set.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Cool !! Ladder racks to boot. Whats something like that cost ? Ive got some 185/60R13 Sumitumo HTR200s on my car. Great tires !! Summer driving only though.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Fresh, no idea what me or you would pay for one, but under the state contract the college paid ~$10,000 each. I'd say for an individual probably would run closer to $15,000, but they might also qualify for the $7500 EV tax credit which would help out a lot. Not sure on that though since they are EVs, but also classified as Low Speed Vehicles I don't know how the tax credit works or if it works for LSVs.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

those have to be some of the ugliest vehicles i have ever seen in my life

Comment

^^^ ummm... ok.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                X