Duct tape FTW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duct tape FTW!!!

So tonight I was coming home from my mommy's house, just got on the hwy, stuck it into 4th and heard a clunk and a grinding noise. Uh oh. Kept driving for about a mile, wondering if I could make it home before the car exploded or whatever was gonna happen. Decided to pull over and check it out. Found a wide spot on the shoulder. Got out my plastic mat to keep my (relatively) good clothes clean, grabbed the flashlight in the glove box and had a look.

Turns out the aluminum return pipe from my rear turbo back up to the front of the car fell off, back by the parking brake cable. The stainless steel hose clamp that held it on for the first 5K miles or so musta broke from vibration. So I got out the big roll of duct tape and taped it back up to the center of the parking brake, and taped closed the aluminum pipe where it meets the rubber connector (lost the hose clamp there apparently, from the scraping maybe). So ten minutes later I'm back on the road for the last two miles home. Heading to Home Depot tmw. Duct tape FTW!!!

PS: Adding a piece of rope and a coat hanger to the duct tape in the trunk.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Tom I carry large zip ties and extra hose clamps. And if it comes undone, you can still drive it, It just won't have "boost"
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
      Tom I carry large zip ties and extra hose clamps. And if it comes undone, you can still drive it, It just won't have "boost"
      Yeah, it ran fine. Good thought about the big zip ties and hose clamps. I don't normally have my toolbox in the car, but there is a small multi-bit screwdriver in the glove box.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
        Yeah, it ran fine. Good thought about the big zip ties and hose clamps. I don't normally have my toolbox in the car, but there is a small multi-bit screwdriver in the glove box.
        I'd sell it because it has too many problems lol
        -Greg
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09

Comment

I'd sell it because it has too many problems lol
          Yeah you're right. Unfortunately due to Alzheimer's I can't remember who juryrigged this thing together for me. First $200 takes it.*

Disaster preparedness

Comment

* Not!

Disaster preparedness

Comment

all i need to fit my car is a 10mm :evil4:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Yeah you're right. Unfortunately due to Alzheimer's I can't remember who juryrigged this thing together for me. First $200 takes it.*
                Question is..........................Would you sell it for what you have in it? Plus some?
                -Greg
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09

Comment

Question is..........................Would you sell it for what you have in it? Plus some?
                  Absolutely not! Got it fixed today BTW.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Absolutely not! Got it fixed today BTW.
                    Good, and Good.
                    -Greg
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09

Comment

roadside repair

O.K.so since your going to sell it here is my offer, a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies and some cash. LOL. Good job getting your car home with that Missouri chrome.what will you do for a permanent fix.Does Greg make house calls.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                        O.K.so since your going to sell it here is my offer, a couple dozen chocolate chip cookies and some cash. LOL. Good job getting your car home with that Missouri chrome.what will you do for a permanent fix.Does Greg make house calls.
                        I will require one billion chocolate chip cookies and $10.00. Plus a shrubbery.

Went to the hardware store and got heavy-duty zip ties, a 45 degree plumbing elbow, and some couplers. Actually one of the couplers came off the plumbing elbow tonight; so tmw, if I can't get it fixed to my satisfaction, I will go to McParts and try to find a 45 degree silicon connector.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

^ Tom tell me what you need. Neither mcParts store nor hardware store will have anything that will handle much boost. I have plenty of couplers.
                          -Greg
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09

Comment

PS: Adding a piece of rope and a coat hanger to the duct tape in the trunk.

That wouldn't work for me,
                            If I get pulled over and they decide to search the car...
                            it already looks like a rape/murder kit in the hatch.
                            75' of paracord,
                            100' roll of duct tape,
                            "Truper" camp axe/hatchet,
                            10" bowie knife,
                            folding Pack saw,
                            2 doz. 20gal trash compactor bags,
                            2 shower curtains,
                            10 lb bag of kitty litter,
                            3 gal jug of water,
                            6 pack of new shop towels
                            and an army E-tool (folding shovel)
                            Add zip ties and It'll look like Ted Bundy is driving.
                            J

"Superduder may or may not be a racist ..." -Pu241

WoW it's just orwelltastic here isn't it?

Comment

Sounds like some hillbilly put that together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Brian
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                              :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X