Listing of "Good" / "Bad" Parts / Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing of "Good" / "Bad" Parts / Suppliers

Example: Alternators...Autozone, Quailty is questionable.

I buy a lot of parts from Autozone but I have nothing but trouble with their Lifetime ALTERNATORS. Free replacement doesn't mean much, if you have to keep removing & installing them.

Another Example: Optima Batteries....I have heard nothing but long life, as much as 7 years, and still strong!

If we do this, there should be a disclaimer that these are individual opinions and No test are done to verify quality.

I hope you all understand. What do think? Am I Moron? Waste of time?

Don't know about the alternators but I've had very good luck with their Batteries (AutoZone).
    The one in my Dakota lasted 7 years, the one in my Festiva 9 years!!
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 08-26-2010, 12:42 AM.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I think this is a great idea. Hopefully it can help out some people.
      I found the LCA's (lower control arms) from a seller on ebay were pretty good, pretty cheap cost wise and have held up well for me and many others on here.

Ebay Seller- Worldsuspension
      They are out of Ford Lauderdale Florida
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
      The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I've not seen great results from Optima batteries. I have, however, had great experiences with Interstate MegaTron batteries. 11+ years, 3% loss of max CCA, once left fully discharged for 2 years!
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Gotta agree with bebandit about the AZ batteries, I've had a couple for several years and keep switching them from car to car as I buy and sell. The truck I just sold had one from '01 in it, still going strong! The Megatron's are great too, I have two of those that I've had for over 5 years, and I'm not the original owner, I got both of them out of cars I bought! The wife's cousin has one in her festiva, a big big one I don't know what its supposed to fit but its around 900CCA lol

However, I've not had good luck with AZ's reman axles at all, and recently found out that at least for my MX-6 (the most recent vehicle I did an axle on) Advance had a brand new axle for only $5 more than the AZ price. Brand new plus no core charge to boot!

Can't say anything bad about the AZ alternators though as I've used them before and I've never had any trouble with them, except in my old roommates Aspire. That wasn't the alternator's fault though, it was the fault of a horribly leaking front crank seal that routinely soaked and consequently ruined alternators by slinging oil off of the crank pulley all over the alternator. He never did let me fix it though, lol.
          Last edited by htchbck; 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
          X