To Much need help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Much need help....

Okay i gots me a 323 with a 4 spd i'm wanting to put that in my festiva well there are alot of write ups i can go by to do the swap atx to mtx and the b6 but well i want a 5spd and i read a wile back i might have to swap the wiring and i dono it's kinda alot to take in... just wondering if someone could dumb it down a little i get the info and what i need to do but i feel like there are little things that aren't mentioned like should i stick with the f series tranny and find a 5 spd or go for a g series and what all i need to get to finish this cause i have a running drivable mtx 323 4 spd and a atx festiva with a blown engine... i know search but like i said there is so much info it's overwhelming

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

If you're wanting a B6 (323 engine) festiva with a five speed I'd say look for a 5 speed festiva trans. Should be much simpler than the 323 trans, and the festiva 5 speed will hold up well with a B6 as long as it isn't turbo'd. I believe your car would be fuel injected already since its an '89 auto, and if it is EFI then there really isn't too much wiring. Might as well look for 5 speed festiva donor if your going to put in an mtx because you will need the axles and shift linkage and clutch pedal/cable from a festiva anyway to make the mtx swap work. If it were my car I'd pull the current engine and trans, swap in the shifter and linkage and clutch pedal/cable while the engine is out of the way, then bolt a festiva 5 speed to the B6 and follow one of the B6 swap guides that tell how to do it with the engine and trans already attatched (much easier to bolt the two together on the ground rather than in the engine bay). While this isn't a detailed account of how to do the swap, hopefully it does narrow down which of the many guides you will need.

In summary, just find an MTX guide and use it to do all the shifter/clutch stuff, then goto the B6 guide to finish up once you have a festiva trans bolted to the B6! Hope this helps clarify things a bit.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Since you have an '89 auto you need a '90or newer wiring harness too. The '89 auto has a 3 plug ecu and all the '90 and newer have a 2 plug.
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^^ hmmm did not know that, never messed with an '89 before! You learn something new everyday I guess. All the more reason to find a good donor festiva to get a trans out of since you need it for the harness too
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

could i not use the mazda wireing.... also i think i might turbo it later i was hopeing there was an f series tranny that would work i dono also i'm kinda hard on cars hence the blown engine... you know cause it's a feat to kill a festiva engine... blah and there isn't any festivas around here the ones that are get picked up or picked apart right away...

Ford Festiva L
          Automatic

Comment

Working...
          X