New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Car

Well...... this is the first real chance I have had to post this. I went out to buy a Fiesta, as I had planned to do when they got here in the states after driving the German model about two years ago.
    WHAT A DISAPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!
    The US model has a lag on acceleration, and the cars I drove had mushy suspensions, and poor fit/finish, cheap looking interiors, were overpriced, underpowered, (WHEW).

So I bought Vicki something else..........

The winner was.....

A 2010 Toyota Corolla S.

And no, I wont be able to leave this one alone either.
    Have owned 9 so far
    White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
    Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
    Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
    Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
    Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Those are nice.
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I'm diggin the space in your garage!!
      www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
      www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
      Snoopy's
      4621 Atlantic Ave
      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Did you try the fiesta with the manual or dual clutch auto? The manuals are apparently dogs but the auto is supposed to be superb.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't like it much; the magazines are all over it and seem to like it, including the transmission.
          If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
          Mark S.

Comment

Ill swap you my shed for your garage. lol I could fit all my cars in there.

Comment

As far as the Shop goes, I could fit *most* of my fleet in there too, but I have to leave room for customer's cars Yes, I drove both, and the ATX would be the way to go if you decide on a Fiesta. The Corolla just won hands down for the money. Except the Leather package, the Corolla is loaded whereas the Fiesta was still a basic packaged car for the same money. Keep in mind that the Dealer here is a " No Haggle! " type, and the Fiesta is still a "Hot And New " car.
              The Corolla, after 1,000 quick miles is still averaging 31-32 MPG, and considering the room in the car, I will put this one in the win column.
              Thanks for the compliments!

Michael
              Have owned 9 so far
              Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!

Comment

I guess I should add that this car replaces two.... The Taurus was, and still is, a great car we had wonderful service from, and I miss it. It does come to visit still about once a week, though. I sold this to a freind who really needed a good car a year and a half ago. Rasta is now officially retired, and will no longer be driven. His shell is just too far gone. He will live on in parts though.

Michael
                Have owned 9 so far

Comment

Working...
                X