No announcement yet.

Festiva 30 mph crash test...did great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva 30 mph crash test...did great!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Wow that makes me feel really safe riding around in my beater. lol

Comment

It showed the undercarriage before and after...to my eyes not much deformation...and the roof did not even fold like a tin can like the same year Metro did. I am really impressed!

Comment

links

This vid links to this vid.

Death to the festiva!

After the beater was ran w/o oil and/or water it was about to become a paper weight, So it was ditched..

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
          This vid links to this vid.

Death to the festiva!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8TF-0pQ5jc&NR=1
          Thats just wrong what they did to that poor little car. lol

Comment

I saw that...mean..just plain mean! Even they admitted it was hard to kill!

Comment

After my 40mph collision sandwich and I walked away without a scratch

That's why I bought 2 more a few days later

I am the original

Comment

Hmm they do alright in a crash

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

My car is actually named DeathEgg because my one friend suggested that I would die in a big accident...I liked the name for it, and it stuck. The thing is, I DID have a big accident in '91, where an 18-wheeler made an illegal left hand turn right in front of me; I hit him probably going 40-43 mph. My car was totaled, but the truck company admitted fault, and they paid for the repairs (whole front clip).

Long story short, the door opened, I got out unhurt. Yes, these are safe cars (as long as rust hasn't gotten to it!)
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

My bigger fear is a side impact crash.

Comment

Isn't it unusual for a car designed over 20 years ago as light weight sheetmetal as the Festiva has to do so well at such a high speed? It has no more deformation that a new Honda Fit. The windshield didn't even break!

Comment

Working...
                      X