Exceptional Price on NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exceptional Price on NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs

I had excellent results with NGK V-Power plugs on my late departed '90 Festiva so, for my "new" '94 Aspire, I decided to try the top plug they recommend for our cars.

Top (most expensive) NGK spark plug for Festiva and Aspire: Iridium IX
    Part Number: BPR6EIX-11
    Stock Number: 3903

Seller_______________Price for one________ Price for four

O'Reilly/Kragen:____ $6.99_______________ $27.96
    NAPA:_______________$8.99_______________$35.96
    Rock Auto___________$6.94_______________$27.76
    AutoZone____________$3.99_______________$15.96

These are a special order item at AutoZone. My set, ordered today at this price, will arrive by 3:00 PM next Wednesday.

John Gunn
    Coronado, CA
    John Gunn
    Coronado, CA

Improving anything
    Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Let us know how they work out.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post

Yes. I too would like to know how they work out?

Thanks
      A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Ran them in my B3 and had a major missfire. Replaced them with standard NGK's and everything went back to normal. BTW you will NOT see any HP gains as I have explained before. The only thing adding expensive high performance plugs do it make starting more reliable. The only time you see HP gains is on a built engine that has its timing adjusted regularly.

Again I have spent 100 bucks on plugs special order from japan just to find out that nothing changed. This wasn't on a festy but the point remains the same.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
          Originally posted by boydg1 View Post
          Yes. I too would like to know how they work out?

Thanks
          I have the plugs sitting on my kitchen counter waiting until I have taken care of an annoying high-pitched whine that seems to be coming from the timing belt tensioner. In order to replace that I will have to remove the plugs to rotate the engine by hand. When I put these new plugs in I don't want to take them out again until time to replace them, so I want the whine problem solved before installing them.

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
          Ran them in my B3 and had a major missfire. Replaced them with standard NGK's and everything went back to normal. BTW you will NOT see any HP gains as I have explained before. The only thing adding expensive high performance plugs do it make starting more reliable. The only time you see HP gains is on a built engine that has its timing adjusted regularly.
          Because of a disastrous experience with a set of expensive Bosch Iridium IR plugs, which failed massively after less than 5,000 miles, I'm far from ready to recommend anyone buy these, or any other, expensive plugs. But my good experience with NGK V-Power plugs on a stock Festiva engine, inclines me to give some credit to the statements made by NGK about their products. Here is a link to the claims NGK makes for their Iridium IX plugs.

The part about "Trivalent Metal Plating" is the exact same claim made for their V-Power plugs. Here is the list of claims made for the V-Power plugs. It might be helpful to compare the two lists as an indication of what NGK considers to be the advantages of the Iridium IX plugs over the V-Power ones.

I think you understand that this is an experiment I decided to undertake because NGK, the company, had earned my respect through their V-Power plugs. When I've installed them I will fully report on any changes I experience in the performance of my Aspire, both good and bad. But this whine, which is maddening, will have to be dealt with first.

John Gunn
          Coronado, CA
          John Gunn
          Coronado, CA

Improving anything
          Improves everything. Copyright 2011 John Gunn

Comment

Working...
          X