Started the swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started the swap.

Well I started the aspire swap today, needless to say it has been a total pain so far. It took almost 2 hours just to beat the old aspire tire rod ends out of the spindles. Once I got those out everything flew back together on the drivers side. I started late in the day and was able to get the spindle back on. The only thing I have left on the drivers side is the protege caliper, after that I can finally put one of my 15" momo's on and see how she looks.

I got to get a real early start tomorrow in order to have the full swap done and the car drivable for work at 5 pm. The rear is going to be quick and easy seeing that my brother already Installed the rear aspire hubs on the stock festy torsion bar or whatever its called. The only thing I have to do there is just swap out the lug bolts for the lug studs and bleed all the brakes.

Ill throw some pictures up after the swap is done. Finally MOMO'S!
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Pickle Pickle Pickle Pickle

Northern Tool sells a pickle fork for less than $20.00 that makes those tie rod ends and control arms quake in their little cracked rubber boots. With that and a 36" breaker bar and a couple of thick wall sockets you will be Fearless! Oh, when you get ready to bleed the breaks, go to harbor freight and buy the $4.00 brake bleeder. You will prolly have to bleed the master cylinder first. Instructions are somewhere on the forum.

Comment

I wish i could go out and buy everything but im barely scrapping buy on this swap. The main reason im doing it now is because my festy tires are showing wires and I need tires NOW. My momo's have brand new 195/50/15's on them. So this swap will provide new tires, kool look, and a massive amount of traction. Once I get some more cash I am gonna go back through and replace everything. I wanna hook this thing up with some kyb's payday hopefully.

My brother gave me some brand new LCA's but like I said I need this car for work tomorrow so those will have to wait untill I buy everything new for the suspension.

I did however get new brake pads and shoes, lug nuts, and my brother hooked me up with lug studs, the screw in type.

Comment

you used the right LCA's and tie rod ends for the swap.....right?
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Umm.. as far as I can remember I think my brother used new festy LCA's and aspire tire rod ends. What is suppost to be used, aspire LCA's and tire rod ends?

Comment

I believe you got it right....lol....I forgot to look after I posted.
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

OMG dude please don't scare me like that again. Im out of cash and really need this thing to be ready to drive tomorrow. Wow my heart jumped outta my throat lmfao!

Comment

Well I got the swap finally done. It was a pain in the rear but its done. Pictures:

Mid way through the swap

And here is the swap done. Dont mind the mess or dirty wheels.

I didnt get it driveable because I need to replace the rear brake lines but the day and a half job is complete! Taking the b8stiva fester to work. Later

Comment

Lower that damn thing!
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Looks good!! I'm want to do the same swap but I'm strapped for cash and time
                    Last edited by 501Dezz19; 09-05-2010, 02:36 PM.
                    LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

Comment

lol yeah it did raise it up a good bit but in wv a little ride hight on a dd is a good thing btw the lca's that i gave him are aspire so its good to go easy day done lol its crazy how you miss these little things when your away good bonding day done
                      1991 stiva.

Comment

Good day indeed little brother. I plan on lowering it in the future, but the next thing on the to do list is replace tire rod ends. I ran out of cash so I had to use junk ones for the time being. I know im going to eat up the front tires but there already 50% gone from the bad alignment on truckstiva.

Im surprised I havent heard anyone say "where is the center caps". Unfortunatly these are old school momos from 1995 and the centers are no longer availble, but with some paint or powdercoat and my nice chrome lugs I think it will look super bad.

These wheels have been in the family since 05 and I am proud to have them on my GL. They have been on many past vehicles.

If I can get my brakes back in order tomorrow, im gonna take it to the car wash and give it a good scrub down. Alittle tire gloss and I think it may be photoshoot worthy.
                        Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 09-05-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

This couldnt get anymore worse. Went to the junkyard and got some brake lines. Got to the house and installed them. Started bleeding the brakes and lost all presure in the system. Checked for leaks and everything was good. Tried to re bleed and no pressure at all. I think maybe the master cylinder is shot. Im gonna go up to the JY tomorrow and see if the protege one will fit with no problem. Its one thing after another.

Comment

grab an Aspire one if you find it....just need to rebend the one line a little....did it by hand on mine.
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                              grab an Aspire one if you find it....just need to rebend the one line a little....did it by hand on mine.
                              Thanks for the heads up, unfortunatly this protege or the tracer is my only hope. I cant believe I just replaced the whole brake system besides the master and booster and now this, not to add to the problem me and daniel just went through with the b8 festiva. We broke down about 45 min. ago because the engine lost spark. We replaced the ecu, coil, coils power source so the only other thing that can be left is the control modual in the dizzy.

Between me and him these festys are becoming a money pit

Comment

Working...
                              X