AC install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC install help

1.) Can someone tell me if this compressor mounting lug shown in the pix, is torn out or should it be this way?

2.) Edited out. Which compressor mounting lugs to use. All four!

I know there are a lot of different systems but if anybody recognizes this bracket, help would be appreciated.

Charlie Z
    Last edited by CharlieZ; 09-05-2010, 11:24 AM. Reason: Found the answer to item 2 by opening my eyes.

My bracket looks just like yours, I always thought mine was broken. After seeing yours, I guess that is the way they were made.
    1960 willys pickup
    1967 jeep cj5

1988 festiva
    1989 festiva
    1990 festiva for parts
    1991 s-10

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

that is the way it is. No need to completely remove the bolt to take out or put in the compressor. I believe it is to help line it up. You need the compressor that takes the 4 bolts coming out of the ends instead of through the front. Not sure if that is factory or dealer installed air. Others will know though.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Its factory.
        sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

^^see....I knew there would be an answer.....and thank you from me. Never knew till now (for sure anyway) that all that I have had have been factory.
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The easy way to tell if its factory w/o raising the hood is to look for the compressor rock guard behind the bumper. The long vertical slot on Charlies bracket is where the belt adjustment bolt/idler pulley goes. On dealer add ons you tighten the belt like an alternator belt, with a pry bar.
            Last edited by freshtiva; 09-05-2010, 11:21 PM.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thank you again...lol....forgot I need to make a WTB for a pulley assembly when I get the extra money.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Thanks to all.

Seems like I've lost the block for the idler pulley. :-( It should be here in my land-fill - somewhere. If I can't find it, I'll be asking for dimensions and photos. <grin>

So, does "factory air" mean that it was installed at the point of manufacture, Korea, or at the port of entry to the U.S. ?

BTW, this is the first post via my recently created Linux machine running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

Comment

Working...
                X