so i went to the junk yard today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i went to the junk yard today!

so i went to the junkyard today hoping to see some festivas. seen 3 festivas, one full that just came today. i got 4 brand new tires with the rusty rims that come with the festiva cheap as hell i sanded the rims now and got glossy black rims jeje. i got headlight bulbs brand new from them. and what i found was a msd super stock accel performance coil msd. found it in a 89 ford festiva. i got lucky there which i will install later on. tommorow i am going back asnd getting some other stuffs. i also found 5 foprd aspires. i will be getting ther aspire intake toob to fit perfect with my filter =). i also found a 1.8 doch engine from a mazda protege , didint had time to get it but hoping it will still be there so i can finish what i was doing so i can have my bp motor.=) but this msd will rock i wonder if it will boost a little more hp:blob2:

me too

I was at a yard today. There were no Festivas. They told me that they crushed one very quickly last month. I broke down and wept. I did get some Protege mirror housings and door bumperettes and other stuff. I can easily remove electrical connectors now. I have "the touch". I threw the sailplates away. It makes the mirrors half price.

Comment

will this performance coil from the 89 festiva fit my 93 festiva?

Comment

Originally posted by 1993 festiva View Post
        will this performance coil from the 89 festiva fit my 93 festiva?
        Yes and if your looking for HP from this, you wont seen any unless you have a heavly modded engine. Buying performance plugs and coils do nothing besides give the engine better starting reliability. I paid 25 bucks a plug and had them shipped straight from japan and also installed a performance coil on my old storm and it did nothing. The plugs were beru ultra X 2 step colder plugs.

Performance plugs and coils really dont do anything unless your configuring your timing.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

oh okay thanks for the timing, but anything is better then the stock one the festiva has...

Comment

True, Id throw it on there if I had it.

Comment

i'm going to the junkyard tommorow again, let see if i find other things, oh and to get the bracket from the coil i forgot it..,

Comment

Keep your eye out for swoopie mirrors, cargo covers, underseat trays, spoilers, rear folding seats. Rare stuff and the demand is high.

Comment

i found the door panels with the socket pocket thing on the door.

Comment

i also found cargo covers but the wood was cracked...=(

Comment

I have a cargo cover but mine is also rotted. Still trying to figure out what I could use besides wood to referbish it.

Comment

you should be a able to use a peace of custom thin metal at the shape of how the wood would look like. and then you dont have to worry about any wood trying to break

Comment

Thats a good idea. I also thought about fiber glassing one up.

Comment

I found map pocket door cards and a cargo cover on an 89 festy at the yard yesterday. Checked for under seat tray, but no go.
                            -Zack
                            Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

you guys know how to install the performance coil?i got from an 88 festiva? i dont know how lmao been looking for it around on how to but cant find it..

Comment

Working...
                              X