New windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New windshield

Got a new windshield today , to replace the badly cracked original 20-year-old one in Larry. It has a slight greenish tint, maybe 5% or so, which is quite restful on the eyes. Being so clean and scratch-free, it looked like there was no windshield at all!

The installer said that he had no problem getting this one, but it would be a good idea to buy another for future installation, as they are going to get harder to find eventually. As Festys become scarcer and scarcer, there will be less incentive for the glass manufacturers to continue supporting them.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Uh, what happened to Kittystiva?

Larry the lounge lizard!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
      Uh, what happened to Kittystiva?

Larry the lounge lizard!
      Not Larry Laffer, the lounge lizard; not Larry as in Moe and Curley; not Larry the Cable Guy, the eminent redneck philosopher. Larry Darrell (see my new avatar). He is the main character in a novel by Somerset Maugham.

Keeping the Hello Kitty sticker on the car tho.
      Last edited by TominMO; 09-14-2010, 07:46 PM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Mind if I ask what you got the window for. I had a quote of 175.00
        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by milehighbear View Post
          Mind if I ask what you got the window for. I had a quote of 175.00
          $185 installed. He doesn't have the overhead of a shop; he works out of his truck.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Thanks Tom. I'll have to see about putting one in the ghost too. I've been driving it since 2004 with cracks and pitts in it and better get one too before they are gone
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

I paid 250 from cindy rowe....lifetime warranty though.
              Tyler

91 Festiva, 5spd, B8 swapped, now for paint and suspension

Comment

Two months ago, Novus charged me only $150 installed -- provided I had two done, which I did. They then sold me a third windshield (just the part) to hang onto as a spare for $100. It was a new factory-owned store just starting up, and I think they were hungry.
                88L black, dailydriver
                88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                4 88/89 disassembled
                91L green
                91GL aqua pwrsteer
                92GL red a/c reardmg
                3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                  Two months ago, Novus charged me only $150 installed -- provided I had two done, which I did. They then sold me a third windshield (just the part) to hang onto as a spare for $100. It was a new factory-owned store just starting up, and I think they were hungry.
                  Yeah, next month I am going to buy another one, as a spare.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

New Windshield

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                    Got a new windshield today .
                    Tom, can you hook me up. I need one installed too. Check your PMs
                    Charlie Z

Comment

Working...
                    X