No announcement yet.

I might be a fellow Festiva owner soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be a fellow Festiva owner soon!

I've been looking for a Festiva ever since my '86 Celica keeled over, and A friend of mine just emailed me to say that he found one exactly like I wanted. I'm going to do a built, old school style carb'd b3 with all the emissions removed; Hawaii doesn't do emissions testing. My cousin and I were talking about them tonight and he's really amped up to help me do the build. NO ONE builds Festy's here, or even considers them to have any potential, so I have a real opportunity to have a pretty unique car. I'm supposed to get the details on the car tomorrow, I'll let you guys know what's up.
    If you can't go fast with 53 horsepower, 900 isn't going to help.

Welcome to FF.COM and good luck with your purchase and your future build!

I think you may be our first Hawaii member. Maybe you could inform us of any differences in cars there? Do you have all makes, etc? Do they cost more on the islands? (Maybe there's no difference at all.)

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm fairly certain we have the normal A-spec models here, but one thing I have noticed is that I'm fairly certain we got carb'd B6 engines here. I never put much thought into it, but I remember a friend of mine looking for 323's here and running into a couple of carborated ones. Festivas are definitely more expensive here; I'm probably going to end up paying $1200 for the car and another $300 to ship it from another island... This one is a very prime example though, ~100k, a/c, 5 speed, Efi. Most cars here have high miles, but they are all highway, so wear isn't so bad. Rust is a huge issue here no matter what you get, because no matter where you are, you're never more than 50 miles from the ocean. I've been hovering on these boards for some time, and your guys enthusiasm and creativity with these little things has got me quite inspired to see what I can make of it. I'm gunning for about 80-90hp, 1600lbs, and the full suspension treatment from FMS. I'll probably get some 14" wheels and under-tire them a bit. I'm really excited; I'm getting pictures of the car tonight, and I almost couldn't get to sleep after getting the initial email yesterday evening.

Comment

sounds like it'll be a fun car! if ya really wanna go all out i'd swap in the b6 and top that with a custom camshaft and a webber sidedraft. maybe a little head work and you could easily put out that 90+ ponies. keep us posted and welcome!
        Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
        1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
        1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
        2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Yeah, that's the long term plan for the car, but for now I want to focus on building the suspension more than the engine. I'll probably do a carb'd B6 swap in a few months, but I'm going to play with lightening and other mods first.

Comment

Well, it's no Festiva, but I ended up picking up a base model (and I mean base, not even a stock radio!) 1993 Mazda 323 with a 5 speed and 8v B6 from a 95 year old WWII veteran... The body is pretty trashed, but the engine is cherry and the interior is way clean.... Plus, it's only got 88k on the clock. I've started stripping it out, and I'm getting some 15x6" 10 spoke Focus wheels on Wednesday. Once I get the wheels I'm going to take out the air con (air conditioning, but no radio... what gives?) and the power steering. I'm shooting for around 1900 lbs. The thing is already WAY quicker than my Celica ever was, and will scratch tires into third gear with the stock 155/80/13's.... it's also a lot easier to work on. I changed both belts the other day in 15 minutes.... it took 2 hours to change the spark plugs on my 'Yota! But yeah, not quite a festy, but close enough that I can't complain

Comment

And as soon as you do find a Festiva, you have an engine for a B6 swap!

Regards,

Tim
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Sounds like you have a nice find there and welcome !!
                ------------------------------------------------
                The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
                Smart Passion white with H-D interior
                HD2500 Duramax Chevy
                Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
                Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
                Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
                Z28 LS1 power 500 +
                90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
                It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Working...
                X