I like my car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like my car!

I have been tuning in the Weber carb on my Red Festy and man-o-man does this thing fly. I haven't got it all tuned in yet, just started, but what a difference from the stock feedback carb. Whoa! I thought it would get a little better, but the difference is much more than I thought it would be. :p
    When I stand on the pedal, it actually moves! I can leave a burn out trail.
    (bad news for my tires) It accellerates up a hill!
    Other day at work, I passed a co-worker, going uphill, he asked me the next day, how fast I was going. I said, I dont know, 80? 85? He said " That little car runs really good". Man, the car was still accelerating! (not that much, but it still was) And there's more tuning to be done. I dont think it will get any faster, just smoother and more economical (if I can keep my foot out of it)
    Oh, I just crossed the 200,000 mark too. Not bad for an Antique!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Glad you got your problems worked out! Now for the fun!!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by safety guy View Post
      now for the fun!!
      ----- Finally!

BTW, it wasn't any of the things, suggested by peeps here, or anything I thought it to be either. It was the simplest freakin' thing you could imagine....

Thanks, Karl!
      Last edited by drddan; 09-18-2010, 08:16 PM.
      Dan

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

well, what was it?
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          well, what was it?
          It was in another thread. He basically had a kinked fuel line.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
            well, what was it?
            A fuel line!
            The fuel line from the metal line under the car, to the fuel filter, located directly in front of same metal line. 4" long line, made a sharp bend to connect to the metal line behind it. Was fine until it had pressure on it, and then it would twist, and collapse, shutting off the fuel supply. Finally saw it in action with an inspection mirror. Replaced with a 10-12 inch piece.
            Apparently, this was the problem all along, and had been getting worse with time.
            Dan

R.I.P.
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
              I have been tuning in the Weber carb on my Red Festy and man-o-man does this thing fly. I haven't got it all tuned in yet, just started, but what a difference from the stock feedback carb. Whoa! I thought it would get a little better, but the difference is much more than I thought it would be. :p
              When I stand on the pedal, it actually moves! I can leave a burn out trail.
              (bad news for my tires) It accellerates up a hill!
              Other day at work, I passed a co-worker, going uphill, he asked me the next day, how fast I was going. I said, I dont know, 80? 85? He said " That little car runs really good". Man, the car was still accelerating! (not that much, but it still was) And there's more tuning to be done. I dont think it will get any faster, just smoother and more economical (if I can keep my foot out of it)
              Oh, I just crossed the 200,000 mark too. Not bad for an Antique!

... How about a couple of pics of your Weber Carb, perhaps in and out of the car and how you hooked it up. ;-)

Thanks
              Last edited by boydg1; 10-03-2010, 12:00 PM.
              A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Working...
              X