92 festiva with blown motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 festiva with blown motor

I have been given a festy with a blown motor 1.3, is it cheapest to rebuild or replace with another 1.3 or something different? I am mostly wanting great gas mileage. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and to all responsible for this forum.
    Danny

You'd probably be best finding a B6 engine which will give you a bit more HP and not really hurt your MPG much.

you may also want to put your location in your profile so maybe someone near you can you help you out or possibly have what you are looking for.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Danny where are you? I have a stock 1.3L but I don't know if you'd be interested in getting it or stepping up to a B6....
      Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
      89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
      Projects in the works:
      84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Dammit, how is it that you get festy for free and i'm dying looking for one.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

If you weren't on the other side of the country I'd have a lead or two for you Grey.... unfortunately the cost of getting one of my leads to you would outweigh the offering it to you because I'm so far away.... I had one that needed a rear beam that I parted out... which is why I have the engine sitting here...
          Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
          89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
          Projects in the works:
          84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Thank you for the b6 recommendation. Could you give me some more info on what cars these come out of and do i use my trans or a b6 trans?

Comment

Your trans 86-69 mazda 323 or merc tracer.
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

B6
                1985-1994 Mazda 323
                1988-1989 Mercury Tracer

You would use you stock Festiva trans.

Here is a good thread that shows a B6 swap. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=20364

And Welcome to the site!
                '90 LX

Comment

a-1 auto recyclers have atonof themin stock from 57k motors to 151k range from 300-650 dollars.

They can be had at any pick in pull for 160 or so. You will need the 2 plug ECU from a 1990-1994 323 b6k1

Comment

If you get a 85-87 323 i would swap out the distributor with your festiva. The b6k1 ecu's don't like the vacuum advance.

Comment

Thank you all for the great info. Now I just need to start hunting.

Comment

Another question is there anything else I could use off of one of these cars besides the motor?

Comment

The F-series tranny. Also, the 1985-89 323 has the same wheel bolt pattern, but 13" tires. The seats will swap onto the Festy seat pan.
                          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                          X