Whoops!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoops!

Just installed my new header that I got for Zippy,took a test drive down a little empty 2 lane road right next to my house punched it got it up to 70mph before slowing down" about 5 seconds" not sure. As i pulled into a parking lot to turn around blue and red lights appeared out of nowhere!! Cop gets out of his car and asked me "where I was going in a hurry?" I told the cop I was going to a friends house and that i live down the street. As I waited for The cop to run my info, another cop pulls up and starts looking on the ground as if I threw some drugs out of the car.after some grilling from the cops they told me to go home... glad they let me go 70 in a 30 is a bad ticket!
    Last edited by 501Dezz19; 09-19-2010, 07:21 PM.
    LIVE FAST!!!!!!!DIE HARD!!!!!!!!:evil5::evil5::evil5::evil5:

Dustin Hayek

91.festy 1.8 BP DOHC AUTO.The turbo awaits!

:shock: you got lucky there!!

So do you own Zippy now?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Yeah after my dad past away we had to sell Zippy , but I got her back in January. The people we sold Zippy to beat her up pretty bad slashed tires ,popped timming belt, interior was trashed and I've been working on her ever since... now she's a beauty..oh and congrats on the baby!!

Dustin Hayek

Comment

^^Thanks and i'm glad to hear you got Zippy back and treating it right lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Zippys original parents were at the ranch earlier this year. Nice people !
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

70 in a 30 huh? Thats worse than my 82 in a 55 by a good bit. You got really really lucky.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Zippys original parents were at the ranch earlier this year. Nice people !

Yeah they are nice people i had talked to them around February I believe when I got Zippy back..

Dustin Hayek

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                ^^Thanks and i'm glad to hear you got Zippy back and treating it right lol
                +1! A good deed indeed.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The only time I got bagged was for doing 53 in a 50 in my AC-less new red Fiat 128 in the middle of the desert on I-40 in Gallup, NM one very hot August day. That was during the brief time when the national speed limit was 50, before it was raised to 55. One cop was behind a big rock with the radar gun, another behind the next rock flagging people down.

The choices were this:
                  1. "Spend the night in a cell and appear before the judge in the morning."
                  2. "Pay me $15 cash now and go on your way." No receipt was offered.

Obviously, I paid the $15 and galluped out of Gallup.

There was enough space behind the second rock to corral dozens of victims -- excuse me -- "clients" while they were being gouged -- excuse me -- "processed."

The thing that I've often wondered about is this: "Did I really get a speeding ticket?" Can I boast of never having gotten one?

I had some donuts in the car; should I have offered them to the officers?
                  Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 09-19-2010, 10:24 PM.
                  88L black, dailydriver
                  88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
                  4 88/89 disassembled
                  91L green
                  91GL aqua pwrsteer
                  92GL red a/c reardmg
                  3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
                  1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
                    The only time I got bagged was for doing 53 in a 50 in my AC-less new red Fiat 128 in the middle of the desert on I-40 in Gallup, NM one very hot August day. That was during the brief time when the national speed limit was 50, before it was raised to 55. One cop was behind a big rock with the radar gun, another behind the next rock flagging people down.

The choices were this:

There was enough space behind the second rock to corral dozens of victims -- excuse me -- "clients" while they were being gouged -- excuse me -- "processed."

The thing that I've often wondered about is this: "Did I really get a speeding ticket?" Can I boast of never having gotten one?

The $15 probably went into the police donut fund or the personal retirement account(s) of the officer(s) involved. Any donuts offered by you would probably have been impounded as "evidence". But guys like this are the exception IMO.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post

The choices were this:

lol..im surprised they didnt take the doughnuts!!!

Dustin Hayek

Comment

^

very lucky!
                        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                        X