Radiator flush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator flush?

I've never done one before but I know it needs it done, so I got under the car to find where it drains and I assume it is the little plastic wing-nut? I can't get this thing to loosen for the life of me tips?
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

easier way is to remove the lower radiator hose
    that's how i always do it neway

Comment

I have no clue what hose that would be
      Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Find the lowest hose that's about 2 to 2.5" in diameter that connects to the bottom right of your radiator.

As for the plastic wing nut, I do recall breaking one so I had to replace it. You can get replacements at most auto stores hanging on the racks.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I just used a long monkey wrench on the wings of that plastic plug. Work slow and it should come out.

Make sure you have the radiator cap off as well so it can fully drain.
          -Zack
          Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
            I just used a long monkey wrench on the wings of that plastic plug. Work slow and it should come out.

Make sure you have the radiator cap off as well so it can fully drain.
            This. I rarely have issues with mine though... I just hate the ergonomics of the whole thing. Having such a giant/long arm, it seems almost impossible for me to drain without getting my whole arm covered in fluid haha.
            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
              This. I rarely have issues with mine though... I just hate the ergonomics of the whole thing. Having such a giant/long arm, it seems almost impossible for me to drain without getting my whole arm covered in fluid haha.
              happens to me all the time i find it to much work to put my car up on jack stands so i just let it sit on the ground... and mine it lowerd so you cxan imagin how much harder mine is to do lol... with the stock sway bar its much eaiser cause its further away and gives alot more room...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Working...
              X