Does anyone DO engine swaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone DO engine swaps?

So I don't really have much mechinical knowledge but the more and more I'm here the more I want to do an engine swap. So that made me think maybe someone on here could do one for me? Obviously not for free though.

I just would have no idea on how to get the right engine or what else would be needed.

I have a 93 festy auto if anyone is interested in helping out, I would'nt mind making the drive and getting a hotel in your city for a couple of nights.

If interested in helping me with an engine swap send a PM?
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Nuff said. One of our best engine/transmission/suspension/brake gurus, and he's in Virginia - four hour drive according to Google Maps. Written countless guides and how-to's, and has done swaps for other members. Great reputation.
    Last edited by Aaronbrook37; 09-25-2010, 03:52 PM.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Me and my brother has done a few swaps, but not for other people. If we have everything to do the/a swap, it could take as little as 1 whole day. I believe we swapped in a B8 in about 2 hours if that.
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

It's not the swap that takes long. It's the cleaning of the old parts and prep work. I've done a few swaps and made a few happy customers. If your really interested PM me and we'll talk more.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
          It's not the swap that takes long. It's the cleaning of the old parts and prep work.
          You got that right.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
            It's not the swap that takes long. It's the cleaning of the old parts and prep work.
            Tell me about it. Spent all day with 5 cans of brake clean degreasing this pile of parts, and I got maybe a third of it cleaned up.

Comment

being in Charleston your about 45 min away from my house Id be plenty willing to help you out.
              1991 stiva.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/member.php?u=5628

Nuff said. One of our best engine/transmission/suspension/brake gurus, and he's in Virginia - four hour drive according to Google Maps. Written countless guides and how-to's, and has done swaps for other members. Great reputation.
                Thanks Aaron

I've done a few swaps, its all in what you want done: what engine, what trany (staying auto or switching to manual), what upgrades, how much you want the engine rebuilt, etc. Personally I don't think I could put an engine in a car without at least taking a peak inside to make sure it was in decent shape, unless it was in known good condition. As others have said, pulling the engine and dropping the new one in are the easy parts. I've pulled a B3 in an hour by myself, but to do a swap and do it right will take a few days/week. (Doing a swap right involves replacing all gaskets, performing head work at least, cleaning and painting everything, etc.)
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
                  Thanks Aaron

I've done a few swaps, its all in what you want done: what engine, what trany (staying auto or switching to manual), what upgrades, how much you want the engine rebuilt, etc. Personally I don't think I could put an engine in a car without at least taking a peak inside to make sure it was in decent shape, unless it was in known good condition. As others have said, pulling the engine and dropping the new one in are the easy parts. I've pulled a B3 in an hour by myself, but to do a swap and do it right will take a few days/week. (Doing a swap right involves replacing all gaskets, performing head work at least, cleaning and painting everything, etc.)
                  1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                  X