my festivas story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my festivas story...

well my mouth nearly dropped to the floor when my mother so exitedly told me of this little tiny car she had bought me out of the blue...

....then my jaw put a dent in the pavement when i found this little scraggly car in front of me...a ford....and a festiva......i don't really like ford, and I've never heard of a festiva!! what the HELL is that??!! when i got in the drivers seat it was musty and the headlights didn't work, in fact a lot of things didn't work. its was dusty inside...and the windows were caked with dust and sap and various bugs.....later on i would find out that my mom had found this car under a tree, and payed $750 for the running-on-only-three-cylinders festy. the first thing i bought for it was a couple of cheap seat covers cause the seats were ruined.

to make up for the pos she didn't know it was (how could you NOT know it was a POS....i mean, she drove it didn't she??!?!?!!!) she went and found another festiva that was trashed and gave it to me as a parts car. i ended up changing door panels,some of the panels in the back, parts of the dash, the bench seat in the back, the over head light, the side mirrors, the tires,the passenger door, and the tail and head lights. why didn't i just use the parts car? it had no windshield, a ton of dents, a completely trashed manual transmission and who knows what else....it had also been submerged in water up to the carpet for awhile!

a month passed and my dad finally took the engine to get rebuilt. a new set of 13'' tires were put on, they scraped the fenders so being the awesome engineer that he is, had some spacers made to increase the space between the tires in the back...and has yet to fix the front. a shiny new exhaust was added and now, I'm really beginning to like my little white festiva...so much in fact that i bought a new audio system to put in it....being that i don't really have a high paying job...i spent around $400.

theres still some probs w/the engine and the transmission (its automatic....i prefer standard), a tiny bit of surface rust...dents....and paint is wearing away. who knows what lies ahead for this car, but the decision is made that I'm going to keep the lil bugger.
    Nothing beats my FESTANG...

~*Coming Soon, 200?*~

hmmm. well you could always use stuff from your parts car to conert it to a 5 speed...you said the tranmission was trashed but the pedal assembly, clutch cable ect should be fine. grab a 5 speed from a junkyard or someone on here (under $100 either way hopefully) and you'll really start loving your new pride and joy! welcome to the club too! be carefull though these things are addictive, i have 3 now and many others have more.
    Jesus is on my dashboard, But the Devil is under my hood
    1988 ford festiva...in limbo, apartments suck
    1995 Ford Aspire...in limbo, wow i need a garage
    2002 vw jetta wagon 2.0L, neuspeed p-flow 1994 Mercury cougar xr-7 v8, lowered, 18's

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Just about everyone who ever owned a Festiva loves their car!

I had 3 of these cars up until recently but people saw them and bought them....

I see you live in the Houston area; there's a wrecked Festiva with a 5 speed at my favorite junkyard and the guy wanted $100 for the transmission. Was going to put it in one of mine but they got sold and I can't take the remaining one off the road for the length of time needed to swap out transmissions.

Regards,

Tim
      White '89L auto - Sold!
      Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Welcome to the ff.com forums..

If you drive around Houston, you may just see one of mine flying by..

PS. I currently own 5..

Comment

Welcome to the club. I've had 8 festivas, but now only have 4. Resize your pic though because I have to scroll in my browser to see what you wrote.
          The Festiva Store
          Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Working...
          X