Parts compatability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts compatability?

I found a 94 Aspire close to me pretty cheap but the owner said that the fuel pump is out on it. Rather than towing it all the way hoem, I was wondering if the fuel pump from my Fuel Injected Festy would work in the Aspire to get it home.

Also, I am pretty much just buying the Aspire for parts since it has no title. I know the suspension will swap out, but what other parts should I look at grabbing to use on my Festy before scrapping the car?

The car is a 94 and is a 5-speed

Thanks
    Oh no!!! Hills, my only weakness!!!!!

I think the actuall pump will swap, but not the assembly. As for the rest im not so sure.
    Fun and Festy!
    www.zappascomputers.com.au
    My Festy, My Girls Festy and My Hillman Minx

Comment

The engine, the transmission, suspension, exhaust, (keep the spare if you use the swap) battery, whatever radio is in it, the brake lines, pretty much all the bulbs, the relays, front seats...

EDIT: The wiring harness, ECU (brings you up to OBDII I believe...)
      Last edited by DriverOne; 09-27-2010, 01:01 AM.
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by DriverOne View Post

EDIT: The wiring harness, ECU (brings you up to OBDII I believe...)
        he said it was a 94... obdII came in at 96...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Thanks Squatch :-D
          In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
          There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I just used an Aspire brake and fuel line bracket from under the middle of the car to replace one on my '91L. It's a metal bracket with a pretty light blue plastic line spacer attached. (Older Festiva spacers were beige colored.)

Also, I grabbed the Aspire fuel filter bracket to use on my '91L too. It should provide easier fuel filter access near the top of the bay instead of down in that dark, hard to reach corner!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

The front seats will swap in with some work. Someone made the center console work.

If you keep the trans, grab the front mount too. The Festy one doesn't work.

If it's a two door, the fuel tank will fit.

If it's a four door, the exhaust will be a few inches too long.
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

The parking brake cable is a nice addition to a brake swap since it fits a bit better on the Aspire rear axle than the Festiva cable.

Not sure if there is a difference between two and four door cables.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

That a good thing LOL All the stuff from my parking brake on my Festiva is gone from the except for the handle and the brackets LOL
                  Oh no!!! Hills, my only weakness!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X