Tail light gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail light gasket

I know a lot of guys have cut gaskets from computer mouse pads and it works OK. Here's one made from "hobby foam." A piece for one gasket was $1.49 at a local craft store.

Major advantage is that hobby foam is closed cell. It doesn't absorb water. It cuts clean with a laser too. I'm disappointed that the woman who cut these for me is not the least bit interested in making any more. The laser cutter is/was her husbands. There may be issues. :-( In any case, they work out great. So if you know anyone with a laser cutter, you may be in luck. If not, a sharp hobby knife may do a fair job.
    Charlie Z

Nice
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks Charlie thats good to know.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

i used campershell sticky tape
        It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

How about attaching a printable design to follow for those who want to do make their own?
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

nice! i just did mouse pad trick today installing brand new smoothies they worked great!
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

we use to use the rubber from innertubes. Easy to cut, won't soak up water, and is right thickness. Plus if you screw up first one, there's enough to make more.
              Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
              93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
              01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

Good... this'll be cheaper than mousepads. I loved making my mouse pad gaskets, personally. Nice find! As for making more, I wouldn't bother. It takes the skills of a third grader to make these... if you can trace a pattern and use a pair of scissors or an exactoknife, you can make these with no issue. Obviously, being able to use a socket and unplug wires is a prerequisite as well. What would be cool would be a life-size scan or "mold" for them if people find theirs are completely destroyed. One of mine had eroded completely, but the other was good enough to trace.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

when i went to make my "euros" the gasket was gone on one and fellout in my hand on the other
                  It's Not Much To Look At, But It's Still Funny To See The Look On Their Faces When They Catch Back Up To You At The Next Light!

Comment

Working...
                  X